Live interviews with Skype and Mixxx via Banana

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
RaVlaNa

Re: Live interviews with Skype and Mixxx via Banana

Post by RaVlaNa »

Hi Vincent,
When I set VBCable as speakers in Skype, I get no sound at all and this pops up:

When I change anything at all in Voicemeeter, Skype tells me "There is a problem with the playback device".

Any further advice, please?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

we got such message usually when the device is already used by another process/application...
any other application using this VB-Cable Speaker Device ?
RaVlaNa

Post by RaVlaNa »

None at all.
Even Mixxx is using Voicemeeter Input.
And VB Cable is not set as default device, nor is it switched on in Voicemeeter.
And when I just set VB Cable as speaker in Skype now, all is normal, only I get no sound at all from Skype.
(So, nothing set in Voicemeeter that refers to Virtual Cable or A2).
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

could you please post screeenshot of
- Voicemeeter system settings dialog box
- Skype Audio settings.
RaVlaNa

Post by RaVlaNa »

Of course,
here you go:

Hope that helps.
Thank you.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

Skype Speaker is VB-Audio Virtual Cable, but i don't see the other side connected to Voicemeeter input #2 for example (like it is described in Voicemeeter user manual case study #1) so where do the Skype sound go ? nowhere actually.

Also the Skype ringing device should be better the Voicemeeter virtual input instead of realtek (already used by Voicemeeter Output A1... that could create a conflict and prevent Skype to work).
RaVlaNa

Post by RaVlaNa »

Right, but as I said before, I had already done that, as it sounded the right thing to do.
But when I set Input #2 to Virtual Cable and set that to A1, all I get is a bit of crackle.
And when I set Input #2 to Virtual Cable and Output #2 to Virtual Cable and then set Input #2 to A2, Skype gives me "Problem with Playback Device".

Just to be clear, while I am testing this, Mixxx is not even open, as I am concentrating on Skype alone here.
PS. I have even uninstalled and re-installed the Audio Cable.
Just gives crackle on Skype.
brickviking

Post by brickviking »

Please correct me if this sounds dumb, but don't you need a VB-Cable for EACH direction? i.e. one for VB-to-Skype, and one for Skype-to-VB? If not, then do please correct me. If this IS the case, then this could be what's missing. Connect a VB-Cable(A) to skype's input, and connect a VB-Cable(B) to Skype's output. In Banana, set them up appropriately so that Cable(A) is one of the BUS outputs, and Cable(B) is one of the Strip inputs.

Just a thought.

(Post 7)
RaVlaNa

Post by RaVlaNa »

Doesn't sound dumb at all, except for the fact that it is not working. :oops:
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

brickviking wrote:Please correct me if this sounds dumb, but don't you need a VB-Cable for EACH direction? i.e. one for VB-to-Skype, and one for Skype-to-VB?
No since your Skype get audio from Voicemeeter Virtual output directly (See Skype Microhpone device = Voicemeeter virtual output) it.

But your Skype Send audio to VB-CABLE, which is a virtual cable (see Skype Speaker device) so you need to connect the other side of this virtual cable to something! to Voicemeeter input #2 for example (as it is explained in User manual case study #1). Otherwise you will never hear the Skype caller.

hope it helps...