Midi Mapping

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Midi Mapping

Post by Vincent Burel »

NanoKontrol2 is one of MIDI device we are testing Voicemeeter, so i guess it will work.

for the rest, could you please precise what you want to do exactly because i don't get it.

I get you use MacroButton but what is the Event source : MIDI code ? Keyboard Shortcut ? Mouse button ?
you send MIDI command to do what ? to control what app ?
bidomo

Post by bidomo »

I want to change the current state of a Bus's Mute in Voicemeeter banana, but I wanted to avoid using MacroButtons, I just want to send the command straight from the Command line, so I can programmatically change the Mute State, which I would be doing from an external script.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

to send request to Voicemeeter By Program, you cannot do it by command line, you need to use the VoicemeeterRemoteAPI DLL directly in your program. See example 0 in the SDK: http://vbaudio.jcedeveloppement.com/for ... ?f=8&t=346
bidomo

Post by bidomo »

Took me a while to process the answer, seems to me that SendMidi is sending midi commands to the MIDI controller, not to banana.

Well, the music store I ordered the NanoKontrol2 from had a problem with inventory went MIA, so they offered me the Samson Graphite MF8 for the same price (is bit more expensive here), my brother offered to bring it home from the store as it is nearby and he needed to do some stuff, it should be arriving any time soon.

For the API, I'm currently using a big custom AutoHotKey Script, will take a look into how to load it into my script.
Last edited by bidomo on Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

BTW: we have also implemented SendMidi Command in Macro Buttons, see our last post on our facebook/g+
heavenlot

Post by heavenlot »

Vincent Burel wrote:BTW: we have also implemented SendMidi Command in Macro Buttons, see our last post on our facebook/g+
You are awesome, this is exactly what i wanted and easier than my script. thanks!

Edit: you should add a short delay before sending the command. In my case (on the lpd8, not on nanokontrol2), the command is sent too quickly so my controller switch light off by itself after release the pad with my finger. (12ms is enough for the lpd8, tried with midiox/midiyoke)