problem with banana and a Tascam US 2X2

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
garethhowell

problem with banana and a Tascam US 2X2

Post by garethhowell »

Hi all
I've recently installed Voicemeeter Banana and have configured it for use as a mixer in my amateur radio station. I'm very impressed (and will make a donation, but PayPal is down right now)

Configured as follows, all works fine:
A1 in = desk mic (WDW driver)
A2 in = headset mic (WDW)
A3 in =Tascam US 2x2 i/p (WDW) (this brings audio in from my transceiver)

A1 out = speakers
A2 out = headset
A3 out = Tascam US 2x2 o/p

B1 in = Skype
B2 in = default windows audio device

B1 out = Skype
B2 out = FlDigi (an amateur digital modes program)

As I say, this all works fine and I can route audio around with no problems for several hours, but after several hours the audio coming into A3 goes very distorted. Changing to some other i/p and then back again solves the problem, but it always comes back eventually.

Any ideas?

Gareth
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: problem with banana and a Tascam US 2X2

Post by Vincent Burel »

ok, first of all,if you have a problem on stream like this, just Restart Audio Engine (in menu).
but this is not normal to lose the stream continuity so maybe you need to change a bit your configuration in Voicemeeter.

1- I would use your Tascam US 2x2 as main audio device (selected as output A1, preferred with ASIO interface , with a buffering above or egual to 128 samples).
2- if selected ASIO device in A1, you can route ASIO inputs into hardware input of Voicemeeter (select no device as hardware input and set the ASIO PATCH in System settings dialog box)
3- other audio device in WDM (keep default settings , 512 samples per default)

if the problem is still there, please post a screenshot of your Voicemeeter system settings dialog box.
garethhowell

Post by garethhowell »

Thanks, Vincent
I'll give it a try and report back.

Gareth
garethhowell

Post by garethhowell »

I couldn't successfully choose ASIO as the A1 output. When I did, the name "Tascam US 2x2" flashed in red next to the output selectors and the Settings screen showed the interface as OFF. It selected as WDW OK, but the problem recurred after a few hours.

I reset the audio as you suggested, but now the A1 input is not functioning if I have the A1 output set as Tascam.

Wierd.

Gareth
garethhowell

Post by garethhowell »

I thought I'd try and get the A1 input working by setting the A1 output to something else. I opted for ASIO (though I didn't expect it to work). It did and now A1 is using ASIO for in an out.

I guess it was finger trouble somewhere. I've saved the settings now, just in case.

Gareth