Voicemeeter Banana/Standard

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
dennispeee

Voicemeeter Banana/Standard

Post by dennispeee »

Hi Vincent.

I'm trying to use Voicemeeter for streaming on twitch.tv.

However I've run into an issue with my new setup (New cpu, MB and ram).

Every single time that i turn off my computer voicemeeter doesn't work.. I get this:

Then I can proceed to uninstall, and reinstall, and then it will work..

I know I can just reinstall every time.. But I feel like its a bit counter intuitive..

Do you know of a solution?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Voicemeeter Banaba/Standard

Post by Vincent Burel »

in fact there is never reason to unsintall Voicemeeter (except to update to new version). All is a question of configuration.

In your first picture, the red numbers displayed in the Virtual Input section show that they might not work.
It seems you have modified default internal latency of the VAIO (Virtual Audio I/O) of Voicemeeter to 512 samples.
This value is too small to work (in 99% of cases) because it asks to applications (including Voicemeeter) to manage audio buffer < 170 samples, wich is usually not the case under Windows, except with special audio applications (and your Voicemeeter is using 256 samples buffer) so you get no sound coming from application, and application get no sound from Voicemeeter (because these application are using bigger buffer, and virtual I/O simply cannot manage them).

Tweaking Latency and buffer size in Voicemeeter required specific expertise. We recommend to not change this kind of option, before having read this note:
http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Ca ... ttings.pdf

in case of problem, just go back to default settings regarding Buffer size / latency / engine mode
dennispeee

Post by dennispeee »

Vincent Burel wrote:in fact there is never reason to unsintall Voicemeeter (except to update to new version). All is a question of configuration.

In your first picture, the red numbers displayed in the Virtual Input section show that they might not work.
It seems you have modified default internal latency of the VAIO (Virtual Audio I/O) of Voicemeeter to 512 samples.
This value is too small to work (in 99% of cases) because it asks to applications (including Voicemeeter) to manage audio buffer < 170 samples, wich is usually not the case under Windows, except with special audio applications (and your Voicemeeter is using 256 samples buffer) so you get no sound coming from application, and application get no sound from Voicemeeter (because these application are using bigger buffer, and virtual I/O simply cannot manage them).

Tweaking Latency and buffer size in Voicemeeter required specific expertise. We recommend to not change this kind of option, before having read this note:
http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Ca ... ttings.pdf

in case of problem, just go back to default settings regarding Buffer size / latency / engine mode
Unfortunately Default settings didn't work. But I tried other things, and it seems to work now. :)
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

ok, feel free to post screenshot of your Voicemeeter GUI and its system settings dialog box to let me take a look...
dennispeee

Post by dennispeee »

Vincent Burel wrote:ok, feel free to post screenshot of your Voicemeeter GUI and its system settings dialog box to let me take a look...

I changed the latency in VB cable control panel to 4096.. which seems to work now even after restarts!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, 4096 sample buffer size should work with most of application... but the Virtual AUX is set to 512 (displayed in RED) and should not work correct... i recommend to set it to 4096 too.