Red Info in Voicemeeter

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
liyin

Red Info in Voicemeeter

Post by liyin »

Everything was working fine and suddenly got the red info for the internal virtual inputs.

Uninstalled everything and only re-installed VB-CABLE A and Voicemeeter Banana.

When I start Voicemeeter I'm still getting the red info.

I used both control panels to set the sampling frequency for both at 48000kHz (run as admin).
s.png
s.png (39.57 KiB) Viewed 26051 times
Last edited by liyin on Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Red Info in Voicemeeter

Post by Vincent Burel »

it is never necessary to re-install Voicemeeter. it's always a question of configuration.

The red display about buffering used by VAIO (internal latency of the Virtual audio I/O) is too small to work correctly
you have changed this value by VBCABLE_ControlPanel program located in Voicemeeter folder,
please set back the internal latency to 4096 or more to make it work again.

REM: Optimizing latency and tweaking buffer size requires a specific expertise and in this matter we recommend to keep default settings.
liyin

Post by liyin »

Wasn't sure if the default for VB-CABLE A is 4096, but set VB-CABLE A and both Voicemeeter internal inputs (VAIO & AUX) to 4096 and is working fine.

Is there a difference between connecting a software video player to virtual input VAIO, or connecting the player to VB-CABLE A, then to Hardware Input 1?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

liyin wrote:Wasn't sure if the default for VB-CABLE A is 4096, but set VB-CABLE A and both Voicemeeter internal inputs (VAIO & AUX) to 4096 and is working fine.
note that VB-CABLE A & B has nothing to do with Voicemeeter Virtual I/O , it's completely different driver, they have their own VBCABLE_ControlPanel app (even if the name of the app can be the same).
liyin wrote:Is there a difference between connecting a software video player to virtual input VAIO, or connecting the player to VB-CABLE A, then to Hardware Input 1?
Connecting to Voicemeeter Virtual I/O is more direct than connecting to a VB-CABLE itself connected to Voicemeeter Physical input.
liyin

Post by liyin »

If VoiceMeeter's max latency is set to default 4096, what is VB-CABLE's default max latency?

Trying to understand this:

"Settings internal latency for Voicemeeter virtual input includes another constraint: the main buffer size used by Voicemeeter (given by the output A1 buffer size). The Virtual Input Latency must be also above 3x(main buffer size) to work correct. For example if you set Voicemeeter Virtual Input Latency to 2048 samples and connect output A1 to an audio device working with 1024 samples buffer, there is a risk to get no sound anymore from the Virtual Input(s), because 3x 1024 < 2048. This is done when the samplerate is the same on every stage... if not, the computation can become more complicated, that's why we do not recommend to change virtual audio cable configuration (and driver output A1 with your best audio driver - for a best latency - e.g. 128 to 512 samples is good possible range)."

In my case, should VB-CABLE default max latency be 1024?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

for 4096 sample internal buffer size, the possible max latency is 2048
practically speaking the latency is usually below 2 times the buffer used by Voicemeeter Main stream.

to optimize latency, it requires to see different data regarding all the chain , from the player to speaker, passing through Voicemeeter.
to know how to optimize virtual I/O of Voicemeeter, you can read this note about VB-CABLE:
http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Ca ... ttings.pdf