Sleep mode blocked

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
liquidate

Sleep mode blocked

Post by liquidate »

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out with a power/sleep issue on my Windows 10 system. I've found that my computer goes to sleep fine if VoiceMeeter isn't enabled, but won't go to sleep once it's been launched. Here's what I see with "powercfg -requests" when VoiceMeeter is NOT running:

Once I launch VoiceMeeter I see this:

From what I understand, the items in the SYSTEM section effectively cause the system to fail to go to sleep. You're supposed to be able to override these entries by doing "powercfg -requestsoverride" commands like this:

However, even though I create override entires that I think should work:

The entries remain and the sleep block remains.

Has anyone seen this before (I have it occurring on both computers that I've tested)? Anyone know how to successfully request the override? Is it possible for VoiceMeeter to stop this audio "usage" when audio isn't actually playing?

I can ignore the system blocks entirely, but they are actually useful to have. I don't want my computer going to sleep if I'm playing a video or listening to music, but if it's just sitting there then I need it to go to sleep to save electricity.

Thanks!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Sleep mode blocked

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, we have to add an option to allow "automatic sleep"...
(Our audio stream are preventing the computer to sleep... like watching a video prevent your screen to go in sleep mode too)
mgutt

Post by mgutt »

I have the same problem and it causes this problem, too:
http://vbaudio.jcedeveloppement.com/for ... ?f=6&t=424

The strange thing: I tested monitor switch off after 1 minute and sleep after 5 minutes. Everytime I wake up the pc after 2 minutes the audio engine still runs. But if I wake it up after 6 minutes the audio engine needs to be restarted manually, although the pc didn't sleep.
lkwpeter

Post by lkwpeter »

I have the same issue. Is there still no solution yet?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

no, because we don't find a way to intercept Windows Entering in Sleep Mode (we even do not receive Sleep Event - because too much process/driver are working around Voicemeeter). so in Voicemeeter we cannot force the Sleep Mode when receiving the Windows Sleep Mode notification.

The only solution I see is too implement a complete Sleep mode option in Voicemeeter, where it forces Windows Sleep Mode after a given time...