Voicemeeter Banana and Logitech G430

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Camilo625

Voicemeeter Banana and Logitech G430

Post by Camilo625 »

Hi, i'm having trouble setting up Voicemeeter Banana to output 7.1 audio to the G430 (it uses an USB sound card to emulate surround sound), if i use it directly from windows or any app it works(only with wdm), but, when i use voicemeeter and send audio to it, only the standard stereo channels work, the others don't go to the headset. I noticed that if disable the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" option on the options of the headset, it works, but has terrible quality and drops, like if it were using a too low buffer. The only way i can use it and have surround sound it's with Mix down A or B on the Headset, but then the surround it's made by voicemeeter not the 7.1 sound card of the headset.

I already tried:
-Setting the Headset as the A1 output
-Changing buffers
-Changing Engine mode
-WDM, MME, KS
Attachments
This is how i use it for now
This is how i use it for now
2016-08-26.jpg (188.77 KiB) Viewed 26792 times
Audio Settings
Audio Settings
2016-08-26 (4).png (203.71 KiB) Viewed 26792 times
Here are my settings
Here are my settings
2016-08-26 (1).png (101 KiB) Viewed 26792 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Voicemeeter Banana and Logitech G430

Post by Vincent Burel »

As far as i see, the BUS A2 (where is connected your 7.1 headset) is in MIX DOWN Mode.
MIX Down mode is made to mix down 5.1 or 7.1 to Stereo.
Just reset it to normal mode and you will see your 8 channel working.

But, if the Headset does not work in real 7.1 mode, it could mean there is a problem in the Windows Audio Interface and driver (already heard about this problem). Try to select MME device to force audio passing through kMixer and possible specific processing related to your headset.

REM: i've also read here and there that some headphone work in 7.1 only if set as default playback device... I suspect their processing (emulatin 7.1 in their hedphone) works only in particular context... this is not clear.

maybe you should ask to Logitech directly and ask them why it does not work with Voicemeeter , as you described it.
Camilo625

Post by Camilo625 »

Thanks for the info, it's en mixdown mode because it works in this way, but, the headset only does stereo while voicemeeter does the mix, if i set it to normal mode i only hear the two main channels.
I'm going to ask logitech about this, cause also have found that if an app(pot player in this case) uses the headset in exclusive mode, it also doesn't work as it should, so it seems to be a problem of the headset.

PD: MME does the same thing.

PD2: today i found that after some time having the headset mic as an wdm input, it starts to fail, and the voice sounds like a robot, but resetting the engine brings it back to normal.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

Camilo625 wrote:I'm going to ask logitech about this
feel free to let us know...
Camilo625 wrote:PD2: today i found that after some time having the headset mic as an wdm input, it starts to fail, and the voice sounds like a robot, but resetting the engine brings it back to normal.
it can happend sometimes... that 's also why we provide a "Restart Audio Engine" function in menu.
Windows Audio System remains not fully reliable (very dependent on hardware /driver config), that's why there is ASIO drivers...
Camilo625

Post by Camilo625 »

Well, half a year passed and the situation it's the same, it can be resumed on "shitty logitech drivers", i ended up just using the onboard soundcard output and voicemeeter doing the mixdown from 7.1 to stereo for the headset, and everything works better (except that i loose the echo cancellation from the built in drivers, but that's another history).

PD: Some time ago, someone contacted me thru steam after seeing this post, he had the same problem but with a different headset, the g933.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

many logitech headset seem to have problem...
even here we experienced it with a simple headset
after 2 days, the microphone sound became howfull , like a aircraft motor noise...