Hook Volume Controls to Outputs other than A1

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Azazel

Hook Volume Controls to Outputs other than A1

Post by Azazel »

Been using voicemeeter banana for about a week now. Works perfectly for my home pc setup.
The one thing I wanted to do however, is use my keyboard volume controls for an output other than A1 and to be able to set it programmatically (i.e. Macro Buttons)

In my current config, I have a macro that switches both virtual inputs between my A1 (headphones) and A2 (speakers) outputs, which I use very often. Right now I have "Hook Volume Keys (For Level Output A1)" enabled. That's great when I'm using the headphones, but changing speaker volume is a bit of a pain.

Is there any plan to expand volume key binding/hooking to the other outputs?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Hook Volume Controls to Outputs other than A1

Post by Vincent Burel »

HOOK keys proposed in Voicemeeter Menu are minimal option to replace Windows Volume Keys...

if you want more control, you might use MacroButtons to redefine the key you want to decrease, increase or mute one or several gain (BUS gain).

you can use this instruction to increase gain for example:

bus[0].gain += 3;
bus[1].gain += 3;
bus[2].gain += 3;

you can use this instruction to decrease gain for example:

bus[0].gain -= 3;
bus[1].gain -= 3;
bus[2].gain -= 3;
honvl

Re: Hook Volume Controls to Outputs other than A1

Post by honvl »

Hi, because of unstable drivers for my main sound card in Windows 10 anniversary update, I am using Voicemeeter Banana as a virtual crossover for my subwoofer with two alternate sound devices. The two scripts in this thread work well to synchronize the volume between the speakers and the subwoofer. However, is there a way to limit the max gain to 0dB in the script? There is no gain indication when the panel is minimized and I do not want the software volume to go too high and start clipping.

Alternatively, is there a way for the VoiceMeeter virtual input volume to follow the levels set in the Windows Mixer?