Problem with A2 after I close or tab out of a any Game

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
HmpfReally

Problem with A2 after I close or tab out of a any Game

Post by HmpfReally »

Hello everybody,
I hope here is anybody who is able to help me.

First of all I need to say that all went right since about 2-4 weeks (I can't remember, maybe it was this windows anniversary update, but maybe there is any other update idk :( ).
I'm using VoiceMeeter Banana to share the Sound from my Gaming PC to my Streaming PC.
I'm using A1 with my Audio driver from my external Soundcard (Soundblaster G5) and A2 with Sound via HDMI (nVidea) to my streaming PC.
My streaming pc has an Elgate HD60 Pro.
The streaming PC capture the sound correctly until I need to close the game (any game, it happened to all) or I need to tab out.
I need to go into VoiceMeetere and choose the Output A2 again (it's still choosen, but there is no audioline that gets to the streaming pc)
If I pick A2 again, all works fine till I need to close the game again.
But: A1 is working all the time without problems.

If I use the nVidea Output as default all is ok, I can close my games and tab out, the audio line is still at the second pc.
Also I re-installed VoiceMeeter Banana, also I re-setup both PCs (Win 10 Pro 64 Bit).

Can anybody helps me please? I have no clue about that problem.

Thanks
Sebo
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Problem with A2 after I close or tab out of a any Game

Post by Vincent Burel »

difficult to say someting without having all the audio configuration of Voicemeeter and other applications running with...

However, you problem sounds like an audio device conflict... Output A1, A2 , A3 are using WDM/KS output device in exclusive mode per default... you problem could come from an application using the same playback device than Voicemeeter...

if you got WIN10 update, we recommennd to check (re-select) audio device selection in all your audio applications... because WIN update could have re-installed our virtual driver with not the right name of audio point...

you might also re-install last version of Voicemeeter, but do not forget to
REBOOT after de-installation and REBOOT after installation.
HmpfReally

Post by HmpfReally »

Thanks for your reply.

I tested a few thinks.

- I reinstalled VoiceMetter once again (already did it before). For sure as administrator and with a reboot.
- I reinstalled my Win 10
- I disabled all audiodriver in my win 10 setup without (as Output) my Audiocard driver and VoiceMeeterBanana Aux and (as Input) my Optical In of my Soundcard
- I checked all running applications (Steam, Firefox, Games) and all were setup as audio output or input as "default".

Then I tested if VoiceMeeter is running with games in windowed mode and yes, the audio signal still connects to my 2nd pc if I close my games or tab out in windowed mode.
But if I change the games back to fullscreen again, the audio signal is lost at the 2nd pc, but in VoiceMeeter it shows that it would be still there.
I made a screen to discribe the problem better

If I open VoiceMeeter, click on A2 and select the same device as before it's working again till I close the Game again.

Can anyone help me please?
Because it worked for about 4 Months and I didn't changed anything :?

Thanks at all
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

could you post the Voicemeeter System Settings Dialog box (see in menu) to get additionnal information on device used as output A2 ?
HmpfReally

Post by HmpfReally »

For sure, thanks for your time

Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

ok,
A2 device (Elgato) seems to work.
Audio Sound is sent to BUS A2 (meter bar is showing it).
So it shoud work... maybe you can try to select Elgato device as KS or MME to see if it changes something...

Otherwise i'm afraid you will have to take a look on the Elgato side, if the connection is ok or configuration, i don't know...
Maybe you should ask to them, they have many users using Voicemeeter as far as I know...

Let us know if you find some further info...
HmpfReally

Post by HmpfReally »

It's the same with MME and I can't select KS.

I'm not sure if the Elgato is the problem, because if I send the audio signal directly through the nVidea HDMI Audio Output to the Elgato, the problem doesn't appear.
I can close my games and tap out, the audio signal is still there.

Well I will ask the support of Elgato

Thanks at all :)