Manual restart of audio engine necessary after every wakup from sleep

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
mgutt

Manual restart of audio engine necessary after every wakup from sleep

Post by mgutt »

Hi,

I'm using Voicemeeter 1.0.5.1 with W10 x64. After my pc wake up from sleep (I do not use hybernation) Voicemeeter is still open, but as the audio is not working I need to select everytime "Restart audio engine":

Any solution for that?

EDIT: My problem is part of this problem:
http://vbaudio.jcedeveloppement.com/for ... ?f=6&t=403

As Voicemeeter blocks sleep mode the monitors switches off and after waking up the audio engine fails. But if I enter sleep mode manually and wake up from that the audio engine restarts on its own. So it must be connected with the sleep blocking.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Manual restart of audio engine necessary after every wakup from sleep

Post by Vincent Burel »

Windows wake up is not so easy to manage since it can wake up audio devices in different order and wake up the applications using it before... and with the USB stack, the behavior cannot be the same from XP to WIN10... Manual restart is the better option for the moment...
metalmilitia623

Post by metalmilitia623 »

This is why I have just made a macro button to allow me a shortcut to restart the engine. Once you have a shortcut this kinda becomes a non issue.
mgutt

Post by mgutt »

Isn't there any event id for windows 10 to restart the audio engine through the task scheduler?
mgutt

Post by mgutt »

Ok, I found a "solution":
http://superuser.com/questions/1165081/ ... windows-10

I created this trigger and start the application "C:\Program Files (x86)\VB\Voicemeeter\voicemeeterpro.exe" with the argument "-R" to restart it on logon.