Need to restart Voicemeeter after wake from sleep/suspend

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
rv67439

Need to restart Voicemeeter after wake from sleep/suspend

Post by rv67439 »

Hi,

Win7, latest voicemeeter:

after my pc wakes from sleep (a.k. suspend to ram) i have no sound and need to restart Voicemeeter.

- how can i prevent this?
- or else, how can i make voicemeeter auto-restart on wake-from-sleep?

Regards, Ronald
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Need to restart Voicemeeter after wake from sleep/suspend

Post by Vincent Burel »

normally it should restart automatically...
latest Voicemeeter has now a count down to wait some seconds before restarting audio engine (you should see it since it is displayed on the top right as a progress bar before starting audio) ... this is made to let all system services an devices wake up too... maybe this time is not big enough...

do you restart Voicemeeter with MENU -> Restart audio Engine function ?
smallfreak

Post by smallfreak »

I just want to commit, that this happened to me too. Not after STR but after "hybrid power saving". That is a normal Suspend to RAM, when windows silently makes a dump to disk, just for the case of a power failure during STR. That did happen and so the boot was from disk, but restored the previous session, just as a normal "suspend to disk".

VoiceMeeter Banana (latest) was still in the notification area but totally unresponsive and it did not process audio.

I killed it with task manager and did a fresh start.

It does work after STR for me, that's what I usually do. Recovering from power failure can do other weird things too.
rv67439

Post by rv67439 »

OK, after some more debugging I have the feeling that the Vociemeeter engine is (auto-)restarted after suspend.

But the problem is that the pc is connected to my tv over hdmi and that only after both (tv + pc) are up and running the hdmi connection is initialised. And at this point Voicemeeter is already restarted and does not detect the new hdmi and is thus missing the output to hdmi/tv.

Could this be the case?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, possibly, if the audio device is not ready Voicemeeter will start without running it...
that's why we added a countdown before restarting...
do you see the progress bar on Voicemeeter when starting it ?
Clif_Hawk

Post by Clif_Hawk »

I could not get VoiceMeeter Banana to correctly load after upgrading to windows 10.
I discover that using the Task Scheduler would allow me to boot VoiceMeeter only if the settings were correct.

Attached are my Task Scheduler XML importable setting created with Windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363,592
Attachments
VoiceMeeter.zip
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 568 times
miles267

Post by miles267 »

Hi - have since encountered this same issue with Voicemeeter Banana on a Win10 x64 system. Originally thought it was the Blue Yeti mic device driver. After a series of troubleshooting steps taken, can confirm that's not the case. Rather it's attributed to VM sound engine needing to be restarted manually upon system wake/unlock. Haven't been successfully able to implement the Windows task scheduler hack listed elsewhere. Thanks in advance.
amundsen

Post by amundsen »

Same issue with a MOTU Ultralite under Windows 10 64bit here.