Stereo (2-ch) on rear channels?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
pswiatki

Stereo (2-ch) on rear channels?

Post by pswiatki »

Can I somehow force stereo (2-ch) audio to be routed to the rear channels only?
If not with Voicemeeter - what other app could I use?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Stereo (2-ch) on rear channels?

Post by Vincent Burel »

you may use our 8x8 matrix application on the related BUS.
dowload application on this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=394
pswiatki

Post by pswiatki »

Coming back to the subjcet (long time, I know :) )
I tried routing the signal so that one [virtual] output is routed to front channels and another is routed to rear channels.
But I cannot quite grasp the concept: yes, the 8x8 mixer allows for a nice mix on a designated BUS, so I think I would have put some virtual device (or cable) on some A-bus, set up the 8x8 mixer on that bus, associate that bus' output device with another VB-cable and re-route it through the "hardware input" in the Voicemeeter and put it on another A-bus associated with the ACTUAL multi-channel hardware device. Is this the way to do it, or it is overly complex and some simpler setup is possible?
pswiatki

Post by pswiatki »

Just checked - it isn't possible to do it the way I just described - the "hardware inputs" are not multi-channel devices :(
Here is my 8x8 mux setup:
... and I get activity on the 7+8 (presumably back channels Left / Right) on A4 bus in the master section.
But then... what should I do next to get that MIXed with the normal, Front L+R channels from another audio stream and output ALL through the actual hardware device?