Searching for Voicemeeter Expertise ?...

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
LowRarri

Re: Searching for Voicemeeter Expertise ?...

Post by LowRarri »

Hi Andres I have tried that in Voicemeeter and I have aslo checked every setting in windows and sony vegas but the audio is still coming out of one side. Also do you have any suggestions as to why the audio sounds deeper?
Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi LowRarri. ¿Is it possible to share a screenshot of your Voicemeeter window? In Hardware Input 1 you have some audio controls like INTELLIPAN and AUDIBILITY which apply processing effects to the sound of your microphone. In the MASTER SECTION you also have the option to enable EQualization in output bus B1 which also allows you to modify the sound of your microphone. Try to disable this effects and listen if this can help you

Please let me know if you prefer to start a new topic in this forum or if you prefer to try a different option to help you out.
LowRarri

Post by LowRarri »

Hi Andres I attached a screenshot of my Voicemeter window for you to look at. I have made sure that all effects are disabled in Voicemeter, Windows sound control panel, and sony vegas itself. As previously mentioned this problem only occurs when I want to record in sony vegas itself, in all other applications Voicemeeter works fine as it should. So we should look into sony vegas itself and maybe try diffrent inputs/settings.
Attachments
Voicemeeter Screen shot.jpg
Voicemeeter Screen shot.jpg (239.98 KiB) Viewed 57119 times
Andres

Post by Andres »

Thank you LowRarri. Since Audio device type is set to Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO, Vegas output is connected to Voicemeeter Virtual Input labeled Voicemeeter VAIO. This is explained graphically in Voicemeeter Banana User Manual. (See section Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO driver in page 14). It could be possible to create a loopback. See the red warning.
Try this:
  • In Hardware Input 1 temporarily disable A1 button. You won't be able to listen your microphone while recording (We should check if you are using Input Monitoring in Vegas or your Audient interface monitor mix knob)
  • In Virtual Input Voicemeeter VAIO temporarily disable B1 button. B1 bus will transport only your microphone signal to Vegas.
  • Record and playback in Vegas
This is not a proposed solution but a simple test to check if we can record your microphone in Vegas. ASIO has been the recommended interface when using Pro Audio applications and devices in Windows, so we should try to solve this problem while using it. Thank you for your time and please let me know the result.
LowRarri

Post by LowRarri »

Hi Andres I did what you said and disabled A1 in hardware input 1 and I disabled B1 in Virtual Input Voicemeeter VAIO. As you said I was not able to listen to the mic while recording, though I was able to record and playback in Sony Vegas along with the audio only coming from the left side as before.
Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi LowRarri. ¿Does the recorded audio sounds deeper using this setup?
Continuing with the mono signal problem: When you playback your recording from Vegas it should use Voicemeeter VAIO virtual input. Do you see a stereo signal in the volume meter bar of that input? What about the volume meter bar of A1 output? Could you post a screenshot of Voicemeeter while playing the recorded sound?
If you prefer using a screen share program to try to solve this problem, please let me know.
LowRarri

Post by LowRarri »

Hi Andres I attached a screenshot of my Voicemeter window for you to look and yes the recorded audio does still sound deeper then normal. I looked into the Voicemeter VAIO virtual input and the meter bar is working as it should when I was playing back the recorded audio, the meter bar of the A1 output was not moving at all but that always happens when im using another application at the same time such as Sony Vegas as the attached screenshot will show you.
Attachments
recorded audio in Voicemeeter.jpg
recorded audio in Voicemeeter.jpg (239.65 KiB) Viewed 57221 times
Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi LowRarri. The screenshot shows a stereo signal into Voicemeeter VAIO virtual input volume meter bar (I understand this comes from Vegas) but it also shows a stereo signal on A1 output which is connected to your Audient iD4 where your headphone is connected. You should be hearing a stereo signal.
recorded audio in Voicemeeter.jpg
recorded audio in Voicemeeter.jpg (240.86 KiB) Viewed 57082 times
Your audio interface provides a metering section with five LEDs going from -36 to 0. If you rotate the monitor mix knob clockwise all the way to the DAW position you should be able to see the output levels of both channels in the LEDs.

I think we should try a remote session to try to solve this quickly. Please let me know.
Tracyvba

Re: (Paid opportunity) Searching for Voicemeeter Expertise ?...

Post by Tracyvba »

Hi, I am offering a paid opportunity for someone with VB-Audio expertise to help me refine my settings for mixing music and microphone input for a Zumba class I teach via Zoom. I have it working well with the basic version of Banana (Using Bluetooth headset, VoiceMeeter Virtual Input and and virtual cable B from computer to Zoom), but the sound is cutting out from time to time and I have no idea how to optimize all the settings to make it work well, so if you (or someone you know) can help me for this small job, ( I think it would be about an hour), and we could do it remotely, ie. Setting up a Zoom meeting and working until the music ad voice sound is coming through well from your side , please let me know via private message. I can pay via PayPal. Thank you! Tracy
Tracyvba

Post by Tracyvba »

Thank you very much to Andres for responding via PM. Unfortunately, I do not have Private Messaging privileges yet, so I will soon be posting a screenshot here of my set up along with hardware and software Settings in iTunes and Zoom I am using. Hopefully I will be granted PM privileges soon :D T