Searching for Voicemeeter Expertise ?...

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Rusty Gunz

Multiple output question

Post by Rusty Gunz »

I want to use either Voicemeeter, Voicemeeter Banana or Voicemeeter Potato - which ever is the most appropriate - to send all PC sounds to both
a) the HDMI port of my MB and
b) the 3.5 mm outputs of my MB

This is my setup:
1. Vizio soundbar (Dolby 5.1 configuration) connected to the MB HDMI port
2. Stereo speakers w/SW (2.1 configuration) connected to the 3.5 mm MB outputs via splitter
3. Buttkicker connected to the 3.5 mm MB outputs via same splitter

I want to have surround sound from the soundbar (for MSFS 2020) along with Buttkicker functionality. I turn off the soundbar when not simming and I turn off the stereo speakers when I am simming. Buttkicker is not necessary when using the stereo speakers, their SW output is sufficient.

With the standard Windows setup, I have either:
a) Buttkicker with soundbar but no surround sound or
b) Soundbar with surround sound but no Buttkicker

The a) and b) options are determined by which playback device is the Default. I get a) when the speakers are the default and b) when the soundbar is the default.

Can one of the Voicemeter versions resolve this for me? If so, which one and how should I configure it?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ken in Kansas
I feel more like I do now than I did when I started today. ;)
Rusty Gunz

Re: Searching for Voicemeeter Expertise ?...

Post by Rusty Gunz »

Received a response that resolved this issue. Thanks for all who looked and/or considered responding.
I feel more like I do now than I did when I started today. ;)
sllim

Post by sllim »

VB SETTINGS FOR REVIEW.jpg
VB SETTINGS FOR REVIEW.jpg (126.67 KiB) Viewed 38623 times
Hi, I really need some help and will pay $20usd for someone to guide me through (over skype or zoom) on how to resolve my problem. It seems like a really easy problem to resolve but I can’t figure it out or find any useful information. Basically, I want to play sound effects on windows media player and have it output to zoom via voicemeeter banana. I’ve set everything up already but try as I may, I can play and hear the sound but I can’t get it to transmit to zoom.

My setup:
Voicemeeter banana
I have three virtual VB cables
Microphone
Soundblaster4 external soundcard
5.1 speakers

Windows Settings:
System Input: Voicemeeter Output VAIO
System Output: Voicemeeter Input VAIO
Playback default: Voicemeeter VAIO
Recording default: Voicemeeter VAIO
stoepie

Post by stoepie »

PM sent
sllim

Post by sllim »

Hi Thanks for responding. I don't seem to have a respond/reply option in PM because I'm too new? I don't have anydesk, nor do I know how to use it and I'm in the UTC+8 timezone
stoepie

Post by stoepie »

UTC+8 is doable for me.

Anydesk is easy, download and run (no install needed, I think), provide the ID that is shown for your pc (a number) and when I try to connect: approve.

Then I can take control of your PC (screen and mouse) and help you. You can kick me out any moment, if you'd feel the need to.

Being able to do this via PM is needed, otherwise your PC ID would be known to the universe.

-David
sllim

Post by sllim »

So Stoepie (David) kindly gave me a hand and guided me over Zoom to try and resolve the problem. He adjusted my VB settings and the sound effects are registering on VB but they are not piping through to Zoom, which doesn't register anything on its input. The strange thing is I could play regular music on Windows Media Player and it would register on Zoom and be heard normally after a few seconds of silence. What's stranger is that the sound effects CAN be heard AFTER playing a regular song on WMP, but only for a few minutes, then radio silence again. Maybe it has to do with the sound effects being too short in length?

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this issue? I know it's not much but the usd 20 reward still stands.