VoiceMeeter NDI Output Settings

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Sim_Dude

VoiceMeeter NDI Output Settings

Post by Sim_Dude »

I am trying to use VoiceMeeter Banana for my streaming. What I am doing is using NewTek NDI tools to push my content to OBS Studio on my secondary PC. The video portion works great and what I am trying to do is use Banana to push audio from VAC sources and my mic to one output so it works. I have them all setup now but nothing is being pushed to stream PC. Here are the options that I have for output. All 3 VoiceMeeter outputs are showing silence which means no sound is coming through them.

I have also uploaded a picture of the banana screen.

Here are my Input configs and use:
Input 1: USB Mic (Used for stream voice and ATC comms when sim flying online)
Input 2: VAC1 (Used for basic sim noises, airplane sounds for flight simming and car sounds when iRacing)
Input 3: VAC2 (Used for ATC receive voice for flight simming and spotter and chat sounds when iRacing)

Both sim and stream computer are Win10 64 bit.

Thanks,
John
Attachments
2018-04-20 10_41_50-VoiceMeeter.png
2018-04-20 10_41_50-VoiceMeeter.png (147.53 KiB) Viewed 18136 times
2018-04-20 10_29_50-Movies & TV.png
2018-04-20 10_29_50-Movies & TV.png (146.21 KiB) Viewed 18136 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: VoiceMeeter NDI Output Settings

Post by Vincent Burel »

all seems to be correct,
or your NDI tool is muting audio or NDI tool does not get audio from Voicemeeter virtual input.
in this last case, the only things to do is to increase the Voicemeeter VAIO internal latency to max (7168 sample).
(use VBCABLEControlPanel installed with Voicemeeter to change this value , which is currently 4096 apparently).
dirtyrobot

Post by dirtyrobot »

I have the exact same problem. Unfortunately the suggested fix didn't work.
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

I'm testing a dual PC streaming configuration using NDI and Telestream Gameshow. I finally got this figured out but it requires the NewTek NDI Tools to make it work.
On the Gaming PC all you need is NewTek NDI Scan Converter with the audio set to system audio. This will capture the desktop and send all system audio as a stream to the network.

On the Streaming PC you need NewTek NDI Virtual Camera and VoiceMeeter Banana. Launch Virtual Camera and choose the Gaming PC NDI stream as the source. This will convert the NDI audio/video stream to Windows audio/video. Configure one of the VoiceMeeter Banana Hardware Inputs with WDM: Line (NewTek NDI Audio) as the driver.

It would be really awesome if VoiceMeeter natively supported NDI audio. It's royalty-free and available using the free NewTek NDI SDK.
mipsou

Post by mipsou »

Hi guys,

I use NDI for video only and VBAN for audio only.

My OBS use Bus B2 as mic in Voicemeeter.

Good Stream
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

mipsou wrote:Hi guys,

I use NDI for video only and VBAN for audio only.

My OBS use Bus B2 as mic in Voicemeeter.

Good Stream
I was using VBAN prior to finding NDI. OBS natively supports NDI audio and video. Introducing NDI into a VoiceMeeter configuration adds some additional complexity. I've found it easier to use the 3.5mm TRS unbalanced output (green) on the gaming computer sound card connected to the streaming computer sound card 3.5mm TRS unbalanced input (blue) to be easier when using VoiceMeeter.

Overall, NDI is wicked cool. It will be interesting to watch and see where this goes...streaming without the need for hardware capture cards is very cool.