Voicemeeter Potato Preliminary Beta version

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
mipsou

Re: Voicemeeter Potato Preliminary Beta version

Post by mipsou »

My best setting is

Unfortunately, all Focusrite users to send a complaint to technical support about ASIO drivers are too buggy.
jhobe

Post by jhobe »

First off, great job. This is where I've been wanting to see VM go. However there's a couple of things I need to address and I apologize if I don't have the exact technical data in this post. With instructions, I can provide info such as log files, config, etc.

I'm using Potato on my stream rig. Tonight I wanted to test out 3 microphones to see which one I liked better so I set them up in the virtual inputs. Along with an auxiliary USB sound card I use for chat input from my console, I also pipe in an audio channel through VBAN into the 5th virtual input. Everything was working fine but then VM decided to drop my mics, at first it was just one (XLR input from my Behringer UMC204HD) Then it dropped the USB microphone (Blue Yeti). I tried to remove the devices and add them back with no joy. I also notice there are still issues with WDM access? The PC is an i7-4770, 16gb ram, Windows 10, AMD RX480, it's an HP with Beats Audio. I wanted to disable the internal soundcard but I kind of needed the extra inputs. Now you can see why I've been waiting for Potato. I'm wondering if this is something to be expected for now? I can probably get away with running Banana for now till Potato gets more stable if need be.

Also a feature request: Macro Buttons, can we get it to where the Macro window at full size can scale with the monitor? If I have the window open on my 27" at 2160p resolution I can see all of the buttons. But if I move it over to my 24" monitor at 1080p even at full size, I can't see all 50 buttons. I use this as a soundboard/control setup. Is that in the works as well?

Otherwise great job. I've donated before and I plan to donate again just to show my thanks for the progress in Potato!
brickviking

Post by brickviking »

I personally would love to see a scalable interface for both Potato and for Macros window. I did a little test on the preliminary Potato interface, and scaled it down to 1360x768 (my screen size) using the free GIMP picture editor; this resulted in a slightly fuzzy but still very readable window. Click on the picture for a full-sized version:

(Post 43)
Killy

Post by Killy »

I think Potato interface is overloaded with not very useful stuff.
With so much functionality you have to focus on something.

I guess for majority of people Voicemeeter is a routing panel only.
All these FX knobs barely used and can be hidden behind a button like the output EQ does already (or some sort of tabbed or foldable interface, or master-detail interface...)

I can see though, how it might be in conflict with professional interests, when someone need to see it all at once on a separate monitor...
thedoctor

Post by thedoctor »

This looks great.

I’m a long time Banana user. I haven’t tried Potato yet. I’m wondering exactly how to use the third virtual input. The download page makes a somewhat confusing (to me anyway) statement about the current state of its functionality. I’m not even exactly sure how or what I can use it for.

Also, I have a recommendation. Give the ability to remove parts of the interface that isn’t being used. For example, if you are only using 3 hardware inputs, give the ability to hide the other 2 that aren’t being used.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

the VM VAIO-3 will work exactly like 2 first virtual I/O... but for the moment has no Windows Interface (but ASIO only).
The Related Virtual Audio Driver is currently in construction and should be released in the beginning of december normally.
thedoctor

Post by thedoctor »

The reason I suggest that the interface be configurable so that you can hide unused portions of the interface is because the interface is very large. It could be wider than what some people's monitor resolution will handle. Most people won't need 5 hardware input devices (I would need 3), 3 virtual inputs (although I do need 3, which is why I really want Potato), 5 hardware outputs (I would need 2), and 3 virtual outputs (I would need 2). If the interface is configurable, I would save a lot of screen real estate by turning off 6 of the 16 inputs and outputs. Just a thought.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

This is not planned for this application series. Voicemeeter GUI policy is to show all operational controls on a single operational view.
thedoctor

Post by thedoctor »

Fair enough.
phelagor

Post by phelagor »

I am just here to say, great work.
I use voicemeeter Banana since 2 years just in a hobby environment to play arround with sound routing and controlling individual sound levels and routing. Started to use it when Windows hasnt any option to route Audio per Program. During the months of usage I always added more and more routings and stuff.
Some days ago I received another device I wanted to add to my routing, but already used all Hardware and Virtual Inputs of Voicemeeter Banana, when looking for a way to get more Audio Inputs, I saw there is a Pre-Release version of Voicemeeter Potato with even more inputs than the Banana Version. Just in time to test this new Version.
Using that Version since yesterday, and had almost no issues to import my Banana Settings, excepted some quick to fix Routing settings, like the wrong output set for some inputs or the output mode. I guess thats just an issue with enumartion of the inputs and outputs, which amount has increased to Banana release.

Thanks for the great work.

Excuse my bad english.