Can't choose ASIO as a hardware out - M-Audio MTrack 2x2 (windows 10)

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
KU1T

Re: Can't choose ASIO as a hardware out - M-Audio MTrack 2x2 (windows 10)

Post by KU1T »

Similar situation here. Using Motu M4; the layout is:
Mic on 1st input;
audio from Transceiver ( amateur radio ) on inputs 3 & 4;

Audio from transceiver is mapped into A2 - channels 1 & 2 out on Motu (also headphone ); and onto B1 - virtual out, fed into software on PC to process and decode ( think of it as DAW :-) .
Mic is routed to A2 for monitoring , and to A3 - which is outs 3 & 4 on Motu, fed into transceiver as audio input.

Desktop audio ( Spotify, etc ) is fed via Voicemaster VAIO into A2-- MOTU chan 1& 2 > headphones.

Software/DAW output is routed via Voicemaster AUX -> into outs A2 and A3, first is Motu 1&2-> headphones, second is Motu 3&4 -> into the transceiver.

Just like you, when I set A1 to ASIO Motu, nothing was heard. I added mapping in System setup - image attached - and now A1 for some reason does nothing; but I have outs on A2 and A3, mapped via ASIO. So I'd recommend to map Out A1 , A2 A3 - as per the yourtube and as per attached image - and see if it will work for you.

I am confused why enabling ASIO as A1 forces me to use A2 & A3 for outs 1,2,3,4 on Motu, but obviously I am still having troubles with understanding ASIo routing.

BTW, - I was able to load config from banana into potato - it ignored non existent interfaces, but everything else worked.. nice !

Thanks, good luck.

KU1T
Attachments
banana11.jpg
banana11.jpg (219.88 KiB) Viewed 3504 times
baanana2.jpg
baanana2.jpg (237.5 KiB) Viewed 3504 times
BIMMstudent

Post by BIMMstudent »

Did you ever sort this out? I have the same problem. In the Voicemeeter manual it says to install 64bit and 32bit drivers as Voicemeeter only recognises 32bit. But the M-audio packages 32 and 64 bit drivers in one install package so maybe it only installs the 64bit?
IronHymen

Post by IronHymen »

Just curious if there has been any update to this topic?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

finally Last test did on M-Audio M-Track Duo shows that :

ASIOOutputReady() is working ok,
This function replies ASE_OK, meaning we have to call this in our callback to notify when output is ready.

this is done in our callback, except in the few first calls (made to initialize some internal data). and the M-Audio M-Track Duo simply stop calling callback if this callback is not calling ASIOOutputReady().

So we will correct this problem in the next Voicemeeter update (and generally speaking in our ASIO manager library, 20 years old btw).