Potato and some GUI questions

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
GridMonkey

Potato and some GUI questions

Post by GridMonkey »

Hi,

Love the new Potato, in the gui for version 3.0.0.4 it shows what programs are open that have audio output. A couple of things i've noticed:

Multiple chrome windows with multiple tabs: only shows the name of the tab in front of the first window opened. If the foreground tab is in a different window it doesn't have the name. Minor but something i noticed.

Some programs show up in multiple locations: Discord for instance, 2 sliders under default VAIO, 1 slide under aux VAIO. The other interesting thing about this is that i use some of the VB audio cables for the output from discord and run it into channel 3 so they would have no reason to be in default or aux.

Any option to hide programs in the VAIO lists would be a great addition, mostly due to the above, something persistent, so you blacklist sliders and perhaps a tab in options to remove them from the blacklist.

Thanks for the great updates.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (8.49 KiB) Viewed 4672 times
Computer nerd
Full time Theatrical Audio Engineer (ya know.. pre pandemic)
Sometimes streamer
3d Printer...uh..owner... I'm getting better.. honest..
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Potato and some GUI questions

Post by Vincent Burel »

we normally have the same behvior than the Volume mixer provided by Windows (the chrome behavior is correct compared to the Windows Volume Mixer)... for persistent item like discord (or Skype too) we are still searching a way to remove them...
GridMonkey

Re: Potato and some GUI questions

Post by GridMonkey »

Glad to hear you are looking into this, its all relatively minor i suppose, unless the list gets too long. I checked against the windows mixer and if you're going for identical functionality, it isn't quite the same. (windows 7 ultimate 64bit, Chrome 70.0.3538.110 64 bit.) I am sure i'm an edge use case, so it's likely not an issue at all. In any case, multiple windows vs one window with multiple tabs do show up differently.

With the first window opened in chrome, any tab you choose to put in the foreground w/in it will be named properly in VM, with any subsequent chrome window the last tab you had highlighted in the first chrome window is what will appear.

Again, probably not a major thing, but there might be something in how that information is collected that may help in figuring out how to remove/blacklist chosen windows.

Also, because VM has let me make my windows audio so flexible i use the Chome AudioPick extention that lets me route specific tabs to specific audio devices. I disabled it to test the above. When i re enabled it and pointed the second window to the VM Aux input VM showed Window 1 tab names in default and window 2 tab names, all of them, not just the tab i pointed, in AUX. This is a bit of a wierd one im sure, again, edge use case is likely but maybe some of this info would help.

Is there a log file or anything that shows all this potential gathered info i could look at/send if you wanted?

Thanks
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (50.01 KiB) Viewed 4664 times
Computer nerd
Full time Theatrical Audio Engineer (ya know.. pre pandemic)
Sometimes streamer
3d Printer...uh..owner... I'm getting better.. honest..