Voicemeeter - Mic Problems/ Crackling sound / Stutter

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Voicemeeter - Mic Problems/ Crackling sound / Stutter

Post by Vincent Burel »

then you may try to increase to 16k or even 32k on our VAIO Control Panel application...
BOLL

Post by BOLL »

Just as a side note, I have had problems with this for a while now. It wasn't until cross-referencing many threads and seeing people with this issue often had VBAN running, and me too. Turning off VBAN fixed it for me, to a high degree. Friends said crackling and terrible microphone audio in Discord was reduced with at least 95% :shock:
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

VBAN is not expected to have incidence on your audio devices.
If yes it means the Network Driver activity can disturb the audio stack, it means the system has a general problem.
or on driver level, or on firewall or any app expected to survey network... or simply an update/download problem...

recently i got a fresh notebook with WIN10 and i saw a system process disturbing a 50 ms Real Time thread
(Without Voicemeeter in the experience, I mean a system process is suddenly started with the ability to pre-empt a CRITICAL TIME Thread for more than 50ms - personnaly the last time i saw such problem it was under windows 98).
BOLL

Post by BOLL »

Crackling can still happen so it's not an absolute fix for sure, but turning off VBAN reduced it for me anyhow. And for me it only appears to be happening in Discord, specifically, seems something is screwed up when using VM with that application. But Discord is usually wonky, audio settings can be wrong on boot and requires a restart of the client as changing stuff in the interface does not propagate to what is actually used, derp.
damaged

Post by damaged »

BOLL wrote:Crackling can still happen so it's not an absolute fix for sure, but turning off VBAN reduced it for me anyhow. And for me it only appears to be happening in Discord, specifically, seems something is screwed up when using VM with that application. But Discord is usually wonky, audio settings can be wrong on boot and requires a restart of the client as changing stuff in the interface does not propagate to what is actually used, derp.
This too has been my experience with Discord and VMP, they simply don't get along reliably.