Please make Voicemeter resizable / windowed / scaled - especially potato

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
s2h

Please make Voicemeter resizable / windowed / scaled - especially potato

Post by s2h »

the voicemeeter software desperately needs a way to resize or scale accordingly
I have a 1920x1080 screen and potato doesnt fit on it???
and my other screen is a 1366x768 (TV screen)
can we please get a windowed version
and a way to scale the size of the voicemeeter program so I can make it 100% fit on any screen I use
-Scott
SailCat

Re: Please make Voicemeter resizable / windowed / scaled - especially potato

Post by SailCat »

this would indeed be amazing.
geekgarage

Post by geekgarage »

you can't make it fit 1920x1080 screen? i think you have some sort of windows scaling going on because it works just fine here
s2h

Post by s2h »

I really need it to fit the 1366x768 screens as I use the main screen for other things during a podcast

it needs to have a way to resize the interface
-Scott
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

not planned... Full HD screen is required for Potato version.
spinnekop@gmail.com

Post by spinnekop@gmail.com »

Please Vincent - I have other things I need on the same screen besides my Voicemeeter (Banana in my case)

Nice please! :D
TheVoice

Post by TheVoice »

s2h wrote:the voicemeeter software desperately needs a way to resize or scale accordingly
I have a 1920x1080 screen and potato doesnt fit on it???
and my other screen is a 1366x768 (TV screen)
can we please get a windowed version
and a way to scale the size of the voicemeeter program so I can make it 100% fit on any screen I use
I have solved this for Windows 10, at least for my 1080 screen. Not sure about smaller screens. Because my OS is set to scale at 150%, Potato UI will not fit as geekgarage alluded to. If you do not wish to change scaling for whole OS, you can change just the potato scaling. Open up properties for voicemeeter8.exe and use high DPI scaling override.
Attachments
Potato Scaling.PNG
Potato Scaling.PNG (48.63 KiB) Viewed 46484 times
CptnTurner

Post by CptnTurner »

Wow glad I stumbled across this thread. VM not fitting on the screen has been irritating the s*** out of me since day 1! Finally it actually fits on my 1080p screen. Pity it doesn't fit on my 1366p screen (my control monitor), but improvement non-the-less.
EdK

Post by EdK »

How about a windowed/menu driven version (not sure I'm using the correct terminology) where the main window would simply contain the 'basics'. i.e. channel name, sliders, VU meter, and some basic controls like SEL, MUTE, BUS selection, etc. with menu options that can take you to more detailed controls for each channel such as EQ, PAN, FX, etc. and move the recording section into a separate window. This would unclutter the display by only showing the most commonly used functions, allow fonts to be a bit larger, and better visualization of hardware vs. virtual channels especially the output/master section.
MrMoods

Post by MrMoods »

Hi all.

You can use a workaround if you have a Nvidia Graphics Card (depending on what model you have). On my Laptop the workaround doesn't work (GeForce GT 540M), but on my Computer (GeForce GTX 670 and RTX 2080 Super).

I'm using a 19" display with 1280x1024 to display Voicemeeter Potato.

[The following menu points may be misspelled, because my System is in german language]

Just open your Nvidia system control from the taskbar. Go to the main menu item "3D settings", then to the submenu "configure 3D settings". On the right side go to "global settings". Depending on your graphics card there is one menu item called "DSR factors" where you can check the values from 1.20 to 4.00. I tested a lot and decided to use "1.78x". If you enable those menu items/values, you will enhance the list of possible resolutions for every screen and now it is possible to use bigger resolutions as the native one. I'm running my 1280x1024 screen at 1707x1365. This is enough for VM Potato (uses 1645x770). It looks a little bit "not clean" because of the pixels, but it's much better than a too small screen.

Unfortunately it's not working on every single computer, depending on the graphics card, but for me it's fine.

2021-06-07_222709.jpg
2021-06-07_222709.jpg (164 KiB) Viewed 36826 times