Can a lightweight VST function exist within the Voicemeeter?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
I3ordo

Can a lightweight VST function exist within the Voicemeeter?

Post by I3ordo »

Hello VB! i am a fan.
VM has become irreplaceable for me even on times where i do not use it for streaming. Everyday, i found my self in awe, figuring out new features such as sending my Main Pc's mic, cryytal clearly digital to the gaming pc and while receiving gaming pc's sound as VBAN streams. awesome!

Now there is something that i have been sorely seeking for months, the VST support... See , i am receiving chat audio from a playstation 4 through usb sound device hooked to the ps4 and receiving the chat output into the line-in port of my sound card and there are of course, there are problems while connecting two eletrically powered devices, the ground loop. Since ps4 does not have grounding, any "line-powered" device causes a static buzz which i band aid with ground loop filters, but it s not very good.

The solution i think would be using a VST plugin like a de-noiser VST plugin from an "X" firm. I can make use of such plugin through OBS's (streaming software) VST plugin however, that plugin (due to how i set things up and which i can not overhaul as it is very fine in many cases) only affects the stream and recording quality, not the input i hear so

I tried cantabile software but i noticed it was maxing out on one the threads of the CPU, i dont get that big impact while using the same VST plugin through OBS so here is my wishful thinking.

Can one day, Voicemeeter can make use of VST plugins within it self?
Regards
Alain

Re: Can a lightweight VST function exist within the Voicemeeter?

Post by Alain »

A lightweight VST functrion inside Voicemeeter would be great indeed!

I'm using Element LT as an VST host, did you try that one? I also tried Cantabile, but found it more difficult to configure and not as lightweight as Element LT.
I3ordo

Re: Can a lightweight VST function exist within the Voicemeeter?

Post by I3ordo »

no i have not but will, thnkx for the tip!

update:
i checked it out, and i see ppl like your program already! good luck with your journey, on my side, it did not detect any of the RX6 plugins unfortuntely

Either way, i think it is making things overly complicated for basic usage and things on my side as it complicated as it gets already due to how Voicemetter and OBS treat each other atm.

See i dont use pro equipment and a loose stereo jack on the sound board and reinserting that will automatically set incorrect bit ranges and sample rates on windows. having to configure 3 three sperate problems is a nightmare on my end.

I wish there was a button panel just like the reverb delay buttons, that lets us add layers of vst plugins and just send them to buses as practically as it is right now.

anyway, that just me...