Multi-channel digital output

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
luma

Multi-channel digital output

Post by luma »

I'm using Voicemeeter more for output control than for software mixing. In my setup I have 3 outputs that I tend to use. One is the built-in sound card's 5.1 analog out, another is an optical TOSLINK connection utilizing DTS to a receiver, and another is an HDMI output from my video card to the same receiver. The DTS output supports 5.1 channel output for windows sounds from games or media players where the Realtek drivers encode the input to DTS to hand over to the receiver.

When selecting the WDM driver for the optical output I get the following error:

If I change the output on that interface to 2 channel instead of DTS then Voicemeeter works as expected. Should this work? If sending output to a device that is going to DTS encode isn't supported, what would be a good way to get multi-channel audio to my receiver without having to go analog in the process?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Multi-channel digital output

Post by Vincent Burel »

In some cases, there is problem with DTS and WDM management..
but there is a workaround by selecting MME device (instead of WDM).

Regards
VB
luma

Post by luma »

Is this something you expect will change in future releases? The MME devices tends to stutter and the lag is variable so I cannot use both devices at the same time (without sync problems) which would be valuable.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

you can check it again with latest available version (you could also try KS instead of MME).
but I will take another look on WDM, i know the last version solved some DTS issues, but not with all sound card, i will investigate...
luma

Post by luma »

2.0.0.4 has the same problem with the WDM DTS output. Neither the 5.1 analog out nor the DTS optical output showup with KS drivers. These outputs come from a integrated Realtek device with the latest drivers.