How to setup voicemeter to stream audio correctly?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
ricardob

How to setup voicemeter to stream audio correctly?

Post by ricardob »

Hi,

Sorry for the weak subject, but my issue is as follows.

I am trying to have a screen share session if you want to call it like that and we want to be able to hear our voices and HQ audio as if is coming out of the speakers or as if the person was here in the same room, or as listening to HD youtuve. Basically, what we are doing is between two person we are using as of now DISCORD, but hopefully it would work with zoom, skype, teamviewer, etc.

My setup:
Desktop PC
TWO KIRK 5" monitors
1 Presonus audio interface
Windows 10

What I want:
I want to share my screen with discord
I want to hear the other person voice on my headset (microphone with headphone all in one)
I want to hear the audio he is playing whether is on ableton, browser etc in HD quality on my speakers
Obviously i want him to experience the same thing

DISCORD Settings:
Under video and voice it has two options for audio input device and output device which here you should select my speakers, voicemeter, etc

Ableton Settings:
Under Audio preferences you have also audio input/output device and to select the configuration

Questions:
Can this be done?
How can it be done?
On the audio settings from windows which what do i chose for input/output device or on the sound control panel which is the same thing but with the old display under the playback tab and recording tab which is my default device and which is my default communication device?
If is not possible to do what I ask any other suggestions that might work. We are doing this live meaning we basically are collaborating on the spot?

If you need more details, screen captures, etc let me know.
If you have tutorials, links etc share them ill give them a try.

Right now we can do it but i hear his voice and audio on my speakers which defeats the purpose to listen the audio correctly while talking.

thanks,
ricardob

Re: How to setup voicemeter to stream audio correctly?

Post by ricardob »

Bump

Anyone?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

ricardob wrote: I want to hear the other person voice on my headset (microphone with headphone all in one)
I want to hear the audio he is playing whether is on ableton, browser etc in HD quality on my speakers
That doesn't sound great, your microphones will pick up the sound playing from the speakers and make a garbled mess with the echo. You typically want everything in the headset...
xcasxcursex

Post by xcasxcursex »

See here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=479

Use discord or whatever to share desktop and voice, and use VBAN to share the audio.