Windows -> Rekordbox -> VoiceMeeter Banana -> OBS Studio - > Streaming live

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
alllright

Windows -> Rekordbox -> VoiceMeeter Banana -> OBS Studio - > Streaming live

Post by alllright »

Good night ya'll,

Objective: streaming live through OBS Studio using Rekordbox as software and Pioneer hardware as gear.

I already had wrote two posts (part 1 and part 2) that explains, in detail, what my problem is.

As i don't want to write it here again (with all those images), please follow these two links that i already posted in an OBS Studio related forum:

Part 1:
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/ne ... -1.118802/

Part 2:
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/ne ... -2.118803/

**Update**
I already have got a sound signal in OBS Studio by selecting VoiceMeeter AUX Virtual ASIO driver in Rekordbox and then mapped it to B2 on VoiceMeeter. Then, in OBS Studio, i create a new source using an ASIO plug-in that i have downloaded in GitHub and select the same VoiceMeeter AUX Virtual ASIO driver as the device. Until here, everything is fine.

The problem now is that, in the OBS Channels, i can only select one channel at a time (channel 1 (identified as 1/2 in VoiceMeeter) OR channel 2 (identified as 3/4) in VoiceMeeter) of my mixer, but not both, that would be the target here). The target would be to map REC OUT (identified as 5/6 in VoiceMeeter) that actually has the Output sound of both channels 1 and 2.

So, in resume:
1) if i select 1/2 i get a clear sound signal in OBS regarding ONLY channel 1 in the physical mixer.
2) if i select 3/4 i get a clear sound signal in OBS regarding ONLY channel 2 in the physical mixer.
3) if i select 5/6 i DO NOT get any sound signal in OBS at all (as i said, this should be my main output that i have mapped in VoiceMeeter to B2, regarding both channels.

Am i missing something here? Sorry for the long post, but this involves many variables, as there isn't a simple way to do this, other than explain it in detail.

Anyone here that has successfully live streamed through OBS (or any other piece of software that allows that) using a DJM-450 two channels mixer, two CDJ's and Rekordbox, all at the same time? If so, how? Or am i trying an impossible task here? Probably, that out-of-the box ASIO driver that Rekordbox uses as default is very difficult to use/map/route to any other streaming software.

Is it possible to do it the hard way, using another hardware external audio device (that i need to buy), that receives the Master Out 2 from the mixer (through an RCA cable) and connects to my laptop through USB.

One last thing: Rekordbox must be used at all costs, as it is a piece of software that i cannot take out of this equation.

Thank you for your patience reading this.

Cheers.
JA
alllright

Re: Windows -> Rekordbox -> VoiceMeeter Banana -> OBS Studio - > Streaming live

Post by alllright »

Solution found. A simple one, as they (almost) always are.

RCA to 1/4'' cable connected from the external amp's Record Out to Laptop's Mic line in.

Sound quality stays good (from 24 to 16 bits at 48000hz) which, for a live stream is very very decent.

An additional logical mapping needed to be made from Mic to AudioMeeter Virtual ASIO driver (input).

Finally, in OBS, a simple mapping of the AudioMeeter output signal to a new Mic device.

So, resuming, External mixing from a DJM-450 with 2 CDJ's and two turntables, using Rekordbox and two cameras in OBS.

Cheers. :D
welchimusic

Re: Windows -> Rekordbox -> VoiceMeeter Banana -> OBS Studio - > Streaming live

Post by welchimusic »

Rekordbox uses Asio for multi-channel mapping and midi. So the default format of audio comes through the USB cable because of Asio. Ive found that sometimes it's automagically default to 16bit/48,800, and it takes some thorough scrubbing of all your audio devices to make sure they are all set to 16bit/41,000. Sample rate is key too, Ive found that 256 across all settings seems to work best with OBS and Voicemeeter.

The trouble seems to be the placement of L/R channels to windows audio, and then sends it to VB-Cable, there are times when the Realtek-HD sound drivers get confused and think its receiving 5.1 data on channels 3-6 when it's really only supposed to get channels L/R (1/2). In my case the audio drivers seem to think that my incoming sound channels from Asio are center and rear left channel. Not typical, but could be the source of your woe - like me.

By default every 4 channel pioneer mix has sound output for REC mapped to channels 9/10 for (front) stereo L/R. So in Voicemeeter it's key to apply the 'Asio-DJM line' as your output A1 and change your channels in the options/settings to say 9-10 for the primary input channel. For A2 and A3 it's fine if you leave these as is, or set them to - - and - - .

The trouble with my setup is similar to yours however I'm using the DJM-900nxs2. Also my PC has sound drivers for my Nvidia 2080Super and for the MSI motherboard with Realtek HD. So it doesn't know which channels are front left/right or which are center/rear etc. I'm struggling with this big time because I want to have OBS capture both the audio and the window of Rekordbox.

I found this article which may help you, or make it worse like in my case:

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/a ... M-Windows-

I'm posting my troubles in a new post but feel free to join in the pain ;) -welchi