No longer showing up in sound settings

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
Mack92011

No longer showing up in sound settings

Post by Mack92011 »

Hey, guys!

I'm looking for a bit of help here. I've used the VAC for a while and LOVE them. However, they are no longer showing up in the windows sound settings menu so I can route the app audio through to the cable itself and the cable where I need it to go. Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution?

Thanks!
- Mackenzie
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: No longer showing up in sound settings

Post by Vincent Burel »

check in windows settings -> Sound -> Device Properties
is the audio device enabled ?
Mack92011

Post by Mack92011 »

Hey, Sorry for the long delay. Been a busy few days.

I attached a photo of what the sound control panel, I think that's what you mean. It's showing "ready" and "enabled" there and under the control panel properties under all tabs.
Attachments
VAC2.PNG
VAC2.PNG (26.53 KiB) Viewed 32554 times
VAC.PNG
VAC.PNG (27.86 KiB) Viewed 32554 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

so you can see for example that Voicemeeter Aux input is disabled...
Mack92011

Post by Mack92011 »

Right, but that's purposeful. I don't use voicemeeter. It's great for live streams, but I do more recording which VAC seems to work better for so I can record multiple audio tracks and edit them individually in production.

I used to see it in the location listed below (I know it might not be set up correctly there, I was just fooling with options to see if anything worked). I would route the audio output within the application (if available), such as Discord, through one of the VAC's and use this to route it from the output cable to the headset output. SLOBS would pick it up in between the cable input and output.

So, basically the issue is that I have no way to route the VAC output to the headset or default output.

By the way, I haven't thanked you for your help yet, but I do sincerely appreciate you helping me find the solution. The VACs have been an absolute LIFE SAVER in the past and I miss them tremendously.
Attachments
VAC3.PNG
VAC3.PNG (37.83 KiB) Viewed 32536 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

if the device is correctly listed "enabled" in the Sound Dialog box, it should be usable.
maybe you want to do with Windows soemthing not allowed...
Mack92011 wrote:So, basically the issue is that I have no way to route the VAC output to the headset or default output.
to do that you may use the LISTEN option of Windows to route a Recording device to a playback device.

but this is the purpose of Voicemeeter.

VB-CABLE is a simple cable to connect 2x applications together (a player to a recorder) if you want to do more, you may try Voicemeeter.
Mack92011

Post by Mack92011 »

It worked perfectly without Voicemeeter for a LONG time and I really enjoyed the way it worked. I'll give it another shot and reactivate Voicemeeter and let you know how it goes!

I appreciate the assistance!
Mack92011

Post by Mack92011 »

Hey there!

Just popping in to say everything is working well with the re-addition of voicemeeter. I have it running on start up so I don't forget to turn it on and wonder why I don't have sound. :lol:

Thanks for the assistance and solution.