Version differences between VB-CABLES

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
TestXpress

Version differences between VB-CABLES

Post by TestXpress »

Hi,

I recently fetched the Cables A to D for Windows to have more virtual inputs for easier mixing. I recognized that:
CABLE, CABLE-A and CABLE-B come with control panel and driver version 1.0.3.5
CABLE-C and CABLE-D come with control panel 2.1.0.1 and driver version 2.1.5.2 (like built-in virtual cables of Potato)[/list]

Is this intentional? The newer drivers/control panels have more settings (at least via the panel) and it would be nice to have them consistent. Are there updated Cables available?

(May be a stupid question but it really confused me in the beginning.)

Thanks in advance!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Version differences between VB-CABLES

Post by Vincent Burel »

VB-CABLE C+D have been released in 2019 (while VB-CABLE A+B last release was in 2015).

in fact there is no real difference between, more cosmetic than functional.
however, Built with new Voicemeeter VAIOs, VB-CABLE C+D have some advatanges:
- icon and pin name are hardcoded in the driver (to detect WIN10 update problem).
- latency and internal sampling rate can be set on he fly (without rebooting).

The ControlPanel present further information related to new Windows Audio Driver Architecture, that we have finally not implemented
due to several Microsoft issues in their SYSVAD driver, as it is explained in this well known article: Does Microsoft care about audio?
https://www.facebook.com/notes/vb-audio ... 880540508/
TestXpress

Re: Version differences between VB-CABLES

Post by TestXpress »

Interesting article. That confirms my feelings I had about audio in Windows. I considered Audio as basic stuff, but yeah, what should I say...

So, okay, especially getting rid of the reboots would be nice, but normally it should not be necessary to change that once everything is configured correctly.

I can live with the current state if the newer version just adds some comfort. I just wondered if I missed something out and therefore installed the wrong packages. Thanks for the explanation, Vincent!