virtual inputs/outputs getting freaky

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
J_blast_prod

virtual inputs/outputs getting freaky

Post by J_blast_prod »

Hi all,
I've been using voicemeeter for years and potato specifically for two years in conjunction with reaper (rearoute asio), no issues very stable :) .
But for more than a week now virtual I/O is getting distorted and glitched to hell and back and no amount of re-installs and reboots/configs did anything as suggested in the dedicated topic...

Everything( vb ,rearoute and focusrite wdm and asio drivers) is set on 24bit 44100 hz (settings and drivers); latency is set to default and all combinations have been tested for reassuring purposes and seems set as the xml config I've used successfully for now.
any Idea? reaper and vb mixer still works btw just the I/O is broken and i use it everyday for recording live streaming and voip so it's quite important to my business' well-being ...

Cheers and good day/night to all
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: virtual inputs/outputs getting freaky

Post by Vincent Burel »

typical problem coming after win10 updaet , you may check this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=442

and

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=451
J_blast_prod

Post by J_blast_prod »

J_blast_prod wrote: no amount of re-installs and reboots/configs did anything as suggested in the dedicated topic...
I did check these topics before posting of course and the only difference is that I don't have vb cable installed because I had it uninstalled way before the bug occurred and no problems were there at the time ... would installing vb cable first be of any help? At this point the only alternatives of this quality are only included with expensive interfaces like RME and voicemeeter bugs are really a pain for my workflow ... Still a big fan of the software just bummed it doesn't work for me at this time ... cudos for the work you did and the quick response.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

if you think your VB-CABLE is well installed and well used...
just post a screenshot of the related VBCABLE Control Panel to let me see what's going on.
J_blast_prod

Post by J_blast_prod »

there is pretty much all of voicemeeter / reaper /windows as it is and always was. Thanks for the very quick response :) always great to hear from you :D
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

ok

first point: the voicemeeter output A1 is expected to be a physical device.

Second point: where is located your problem ?
llaffer

Post by llaffer »

Vincent Burel wrote:ok

first point: the voicemeeter output A1 is expected to be a physical device.

Second point: where is located your problem ?
I poked in since I'm having the same problems. I installed the latest Win 10 Feature update (2004), uninstalled Voice Meeter and all virtual cable drivers (one at a time, rebooting each time), then reinstalling everything (one at a time, rebooting each time), and still had the problem.

I did have A1 as a virtual cable driver and A2 as a headset.

Switching them seems to have cleared up the problem. I'll have to do some testing to make sure the stuttering I heard from the headset under the old settings isn't showing up on the virutal cable side with the new settings.

Never had this problem before with this set up, but so far, this seems to resolve the problem.
J_blast_prod

Post by J_blast_prod »

Alright sorry i've been away for a week... but as it stands I have tried using my focusrite 2i2 as A1 and same problem... :'( the problem I have right now is that, that specific config and xml have been working for two years with no changes what so ever an now it doesn't.... Every recommended manipulation in the win 10 thread have been tested as well as all latency settings values in the virtual io control panels . I have been debugging this for around two weeks none of the "obvious" fixes have worked so far... so to recap I have reinstalled vb cable and voicemeeter 12 times already , checked anomalies in sample rate and resolution settings ===> none, I also have checked for all latencies optimisations (rebooting at every modifications) and tried all of the above with the 2i2 as A1 instead of reaRoute asio.... so pls tell me you have a magical windows shredding debugger unicorn in your office because I am desperate :lol:
J_blast_prod

Post by J_blast_prod »

second point answer to Vincent Burel my issue concerns the virtual IO / drivers through wich everything is glitched audio... the other functionalities of voicemeeter work as well as it ever has (mixing, effects, vban, midi) the problem is resides in the IO wich I depend upon everyday.... cheers and thx for the quick support as always
[edit] [btw I am still on windows 10 1803 if that ever helps] [/edit]