Can I feed streaming audio back into the Mic?

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
DivergentDroid

Can I feed streaming audio back into the Mic?

Post by DivergentDroid »

Hello!

I want to feed streaming audio from a Discord server back into the microphone to be picked up by Dragon 15 for dictation/transcription. Can VB-Cable help me do that? I did try it out but I cannot make it work like I need it to because I need to be able to hear from my headphones and of course my headphones get disabled when I make Cable Input my default device. I did check the Listen tick box in the properties of the Cable Output under the Recording tab. The headphones I am using are the Anker Soundcore Life Q10. The microphone is a ModMic Wireless, both headphones and mic are Bluetooth 5 and I'm using Windows 10. In my mind, essentially it should work just as if I were speaking into the microphone feeding Dragon directly. If VB-Cable cannot help me with this, is there any other way I can make it work that you guys know of?

Thank you so much, I look forward to your replies.
sjc-or

Re: Can I feed streaming audio back into the Mic?

Post by sjc-or »

You should probably use Voicemeeter Potato and then have your Audio cable output tied to another input if you want to stream the output back to another input device. As a rule of thumb audio cable is from one source to one destination and Voicemeeter is for mixing and/or routing. Using them both you can achieve more creative behavior.
DivergentDroid

Post by DivergentDroid »

Thanks, I'll have to try to figure that out then.. as long as none of them require physical cables and it's all software based. I suppose if I cannot figure it out I'll have to ask for more help in the Voicemeeter Potato section.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

you can use a VB-CABLE to connect the Discord audio output to Transcription audio application input... but you won't hear anymore the Discord output.

That's why it's usually better to use Voicemeeter as virtual device (to mix, monitor MIC + PC Sound) and use its virtual output to send audio to an application.

you may watch this video for example: https://youtu.be/nIpt3jF0Nds
DivergentDroid

Post by DivergentDroid »

Hey Thanks Vincent. It's bedtime for me but I'll give it a shot tomorrow. If this somehow actually winds up working, the idea could save me and others tons of money because live voice transcription services are Expensive.