Remote Volume Control?

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
lifewithmatthew

Remote Volume Control?

Post by lifewithmatthew »

Hello all! Sorry if this question has been asked an answered, I tried searching the forums but everything I searched for was too common a word so I got no results.

I've set up VB Potato and am enjoying it, but when I'm doing a stream it's a pain to dedicate window space just for volume adjustments. Is it possible to use a tablet (ideally Android) to control the volume levels? I've seen some basic macro button options where I could tap away at my screen to adjust a specific input/out, but I was hoping for an interface more like sliders on a soundboard to adjust the up to 8 inputs.

Any options out there that y'all are aware of?
Andres

Re: Remote Volume Control?

Post by Andres »

Hi. Sorry for the late reply. Are you thinking of something like using the Android tablet connected via USB to your Voicemeeter PC and using the tablet as a MIDI controller? or something like sending command through a network connection (WiFi).

VBAN Buttons (available in Google Play) allows you to send commands to your Voicemeeter from your Android device. It does not provide sliders but just buttons. It can be a starting point.

Please let us know which options is best for your needs.
lifewithmatthew

Re: Remote Volume Control?

Post by lifewithmatthew »

That's a great question! I have just barely come into the world of audio control beyond messing with the volume icon on my computer so there's a lot I don't know! :lol:

I was making some assumptions on how it could be controlled in general and at this point had assumed it would have to be done over wifi and use the VBAN protocol somehow.

That said, the idea of android midi controller that can connect via USB sounds like something that might actually exist. I'll do some searching on that as I have seen videos of people using a usb midi controller with sliders to control the volume levels.