Help needed after install

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
delchi

Help needed after install

Post by delchi »

Hello all!

A long time paid user of VAC , I had to do a clean install yesterday and found something odd that seems out of place. Installing from the downloaded files, installing on Windows 10 , the icons and names of the VACs do not match what is shown here & in the manuals.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z08fo3gsljw8p5r/vbr.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpsyj6eatdbtbb6/vbp.JPG?dl=0

( sorry for the URLs, but the picture embed function would not work with dropbox links )

Problems :

1. The icons are not as shown in the instructions, instead of using the provided pin icons they use one pin icon, and one generic windows icon
2. Playback : The titles contradict each other : "Cable B input ( VB-Audio Cable A) " , "Cable A Input ( VB-Audio Cable B ) "
3. Record : Same as playback with contradicting names , and wring icons.

On the surface this seems to not effect how they work, but when hooking things up it can be VERY confusing.

Any thoughts ?
Andres

Re: Help needed after install

Post by Andres »

Hi. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling VB-Cable A+B. Start by uninstalling and rebooting. Then verify that all Virtual Audio devices were removed properly. Use Device Manager to check your Sound, video and game controllers and Audio inputs and outputs. This post describes how to do it: viewtopic.php?p=2102

Optionally activate the Show hidden devices in Device Manager's View menu to look for additional hidden devices. Restart Windows if you uninstalled devices.

Reinstall/Reboot and let us know if you need further assistance.
delchi

Post by delchi »

I have done all of these things, following previously published guides. The only thing I did not see was the show hidden devices. I have the option to show disabled or disconnected devices, but not hidden.

I'm not sure if this effects anything, but I also have Potato installed. Should I try removing that as well ?
delchi

Post by delchi »

Had to uninstall / reboot ALL VM software ( Potato , Virtual cables , VAIO , etc ) and then re-install and all is now well.

Thanks!

Andres wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:11 am Hi. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling VB-Cable A+B. Start by uninstalling and rebooting. Then verify that all Virtual Audio devices were removed properly. Use Device Manager to check your Sound, video and game controllers and Audio inputs and outputs. This post describes how to do it: viewtopic.php?p=2102

Optionally activate the Show hidden devices in Device Manager's View menu to look for additional hidden devices. Restart Windows if you uninstalled devices.

Reinstall/Reboot and let us know if you need further assistance.