RE: Latency / Buffer (help?)

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: RE: Latency / Buffer (help?)

Post by Vincent Burel »

to use Voicemeeter with Real Time instrument we recommend :
1- to connect Voicemeeter to ASIO device (output A1 can be connected to ASIO device).
(Otherwise using WDM with 256 smple latency can be enough to play MIDI instrument)
2- to connect your ASIO DAW (Cubase) or ASIO Synth to Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO driver
monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks »

Ta Vincent,
Vincent Burel wrote:to use Voicemeeter with Real Time instrument we recommend :
1- to connect Voicemeeter to ASIO device (output A1 can be connected to ASIO device).
(Otherwise using WDM with 256 smple latency can be enough to play MIDI instrument)
2- to connect your ASIO DAW (Cubase) or ASIO Synth to Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO driver
Just to be extra clear here (and I am not sure if it makes any difference to your point #1 in parenthesis): the device suffering LATENCY, is an external self-contained synthesizer and so therefore it is purely an AUDIO signal we are dealing with here (ie it is not a external MIDI keyboard controlling a VST instrument within CUBASE [as is a very popular set-up]).

In other words, my scenario is exactly the SAME as if I was playing/recording an (say) ELECTRIC GUITAR.

Best,

Paul
Dell Inspiron N5040, Windows 7 Home Premium, 8GB RAM, 2.13gHz, 64-bit, Intel Pentium, Service Pack 1.

Dell Inspiron 3737, Windows 8.1 Professional, 16GB RAM, 1.70gHz, 64-bit, Intel Core i3.

Cubase Artist 8 / Sibelius 7.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

ok, i see, you connected CUBASE to Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO Driver : good!

but for your NORD Synth (i thought it was a virtual version sorry) physically connected to your ASIO Board
you need to use ASIO device with Voicemeeter (because you will never get the good latency by using even WDM audio device input of your ASIO board):

1- connect output A1 to your ASIO device.
2- unselect device on physical input #2 (then it will use ASIO inputs of the ASIO device selected for Output A1 instead).
3- route the ASIO input (where is connected your Synth) to the voicemeeter physical input #2 (as it is shown on the video)
by the ASIO Patch option (in the Voicemeeter System Settings Dialog Box).

Then you will have the best settings (as it is with ASIO DAW) and the good latency.
monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks »

Thanks VB,

I will have a try in the next day or so . . .

Ta,

Paul
Dell Inspiron N5040, Windows 7 Home Premium, 8GB RAM, 2.13gHz, 64-bit, Intel Pentium, Service Pack 1.

Dell Inspiron 3737, Windows 8.1 Professional, 16GB RAM, 1.70gHz, 64-bit, Intel Core i3.

Cubase Artist 8 / Sibelius 7.
Line40

Post by Line40 »

Hello

This is my first post in this forum :D , so first I want to say that I just recently started to use VB-Cable and Voicemeeter Banana, and I already really love both of them, and have donated to show my appreciation of your work.

Now for my problem: I'm having the same issue as the original poster, but with VB-Cable A and B, which are available to donators. Initially I also had the problem with the free VB-Cable, and a web search turned up this thread. I downloaded the updated version, and the sample and latency settings work like a charm in that updated version.

So I'm wondering if there are updated versions of VB-Cable A and VB-Cable B available.

Also, since I could use one or two more cables, is there a way to have more cables? With the CPU's currently available I'd suspect a normal PC is capable of supporting more than the three cables provided. I'd gladly pay for them too, I might add.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Line40
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

thanks for your participation and feedback.

VB-CABLE A & B have not been updated yet and need this update to let you change Internal Latency or internal samplerate.

as workarround you can use the 2x virtual I/O of Voicemeeter as virtual audio cable (it works like VB-CABLE when Voicemeeter is not running).

we plan to make update within a month...
Line40

Post by Line40 »

Thanks, for the update, looking forward to the new relase :D

By the way, is there a way to get more cables, maybe by making an extra donation, or explicitly paying for it?

Cheers

Line40
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

Line40 wrote:By the way, is there a way to get more cables, maybe by making an extra donation, or explicitly paying for it?
well, not planned for the moment.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

Just updated CABLE A & B (validated on WIN10) if you want to test them...

they are on official web site : www.vb-cable.com

REBOOT after de-installation / REBOOT after installation
Line40

Post by Line40 »

Thanks for the updated versions Vincent, its much apprechiated!

I have downloaded and installed them, and so far everythings working just fine.

Cheers

Line40