Suggestion: Option Redirect CABLE Output to Playback Devices

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
maddes

Suggestion: Option Redirect CABLE Output to Playback Devices

Post by maddes »

Salut Vincent,

I just came across your Virtual Audio Cable VB-CABLE and tested it for the last two days (along with VoiceMeeter [Banana]).
All of them are nice works of coding and GUI design, and are working very well.
Still I have a suggestion for VB-CABLE.

Suggestion:
Provide an option in recording device "CABLE Output" to output the audio 1:1 to multiple playback devices ("loopback"). Just like the output A channels of VoiceMeeter.
The "Listen to this device" option from Windows only provides one playback device.

Case:
I would use it to output audio to two different playback devices.
As a permanent solution for everyday work with Coding, Office, Internet, Listening to Music and some Games in the leisure time.
No audio recording or production, so no Mixer or Equalizer is needed, just 1:1 output.
Additionally no tool would be needed to load just to hear some sound.

Maybe you can consider transferring that feature of VoiceMeeter into VB-CABLE.

Kind regards and Greetings from Germany
Maddes
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: Option Redirect CABLE Output to Playback Devices

Post by Vincent Burel »

thanks for your message, Voicemeeter is already made to output audio to x2 playback device and can be used exactly as you want
(note that Voicemeeter can be placed in systray to basically run as a hidden service).

the VB-CABLE is designed as a basic acessory to connect 2x applications together and it is not really possible to output to another physical device from the driver side. The Windows LISTEN option is provided as external service to route an audio recording device to an output device... exactly like Voicemeeter does in fact.
maddes

Re: Suggestion: Option Redirect CABLE Output to Playback Devices

Post by maddes »

Thanks for clarifying your intention for VB-CABLE, so I will concentrate my next tests on Voicemeeter.

Maddes