Hi-Fi cable and dynamic sample rate changes

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
jaynyc

Hi-Fi cable and dynamic sample rate changes

Post by jaynyc »

Hi. If I have a mixed playlist of tracks, some at 16/44.1 and others at 16/48, is there a way for Hi-Fi cable to automatically change sample rate to match the playing audio? I want to playback audio at it's native sample rate, without Windows doing any sample rate conversion?

thanks
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Hi-Fi cable and dynamic sample rate changes

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, HIFI Cable matches any sample rate, but it is pending on Player application.
WinAmp for example does it and force HIFI Cable input to work in the wanted sample rate..
Then ASIO Bridge will also force the ASIO driver in the same rate.

on the opposite, as far as i know, Windows Media PLayer use the current samplerate, whatever the media format played...
jaynyc

Post by jaynyc »

Vincent Burel wrote:yes, HIFI Cable matches any sample rate, but it is pending on Player application.
WinAmp for example does it and force HIFI Cable input to work in the wanted sample rate..
Then ASIO Bridge will also force the ASIO driver in the same rate.

on the opposite, as far as i know, Windows Media PLayer use the current samplerate, whatever the media format played...
Hi. See embedded screenshot here:

This is Winamp, with HiFi cable selected as the output, playing a 24/96 track. But ASIO bridge still shows 44.1.

What do I need to do so that Winamp (or Foobar) causes ASIO bridge to change sample rate to the track's native sample rate?

Thanks

--jay
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

ha, maybe it 's because you use Direct Sound interface, try it with WaveOut instead... let me know...
jaynyc

Post by jaynyc »

Vincent Burel wrote:ha, maybe it 's because you use Direct Sound interface, try it with WaveOut instead... let me know...
here is WaveOut
I do not see Asio Bridge changing sample rate to match the playback sample rate

jaynyc

Post by jaynyc »

<bump>
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, ok, i've made the test here with WinAmp and VLC... and it does not change the samplerate of the HIFI Cable input...

i don't understand why because i remember having done the test with WinAmp when validating Henry Audio USB DAC 128 mkII
(on the same PC, same configuration...)

i've also made the TEST with Voicemeeter output A1 and it works: using WDM or KS HIFI Cable input, sets the samplerate correctly on ASIO Bidge (according system settings preferred samplerate)...

so, i don't know why WinAmp or VLC cannot force samplerate again on HIFI Cable... since i see no option on this application...
jaynyc

Post by jaynyc »

I have tested Foobar2000 as well, and it does not work either with Hifi cable.

Of course If I select an ASIO audio interface like an RME Babyface directly in Foobar2000, then Foobar2000 has no problem changing the device's sample rate to match the music track.

Is there any way you can make Hifi cable change the ASIO bridge sample rate, so that the ASIO bridge will in turn set the sample rate on the audio device?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

jaynyc wrote: Of course If I select an ASIO audio interface like an RME Babyface directly in Foobar2000, then Foobar2000 has no problem changing the device's sample rate to match the music track.
ASIO is not a Window Audio Interface and does not allow to send audio to HIFI-CABLE .
jaynyc wrote:Is there any way you can make Hifi cable change the ASIO bridge sample rate, so that the ASIO bridge will in turn set the sample rate on the audio device?
This is done... when the HIFI Cable input samplerate is changed, it automatically set the ASIO driver with the same Samplerate (if ASIO device is ok)... you can change it manually in the Control Panel / Sound / Properties button /Advanced Thumbnail... The problem is that the Player Application does not change the samplerate of HIFI-CABLE Playback Device...
jaynyc

Post by jaynyc »

if I change the Windows sample rate, then yes, ASIO Bridge changes sample rate to match.

Is there any way you can make Hifi Cable force ASIO Bridge to change sample rate based on the player, so that in a mixed playlist of tracks with different sample rates it's possible to listen to all of them without any sample rate conversion?