Problem with virtual cable and Voicemeeter Banana

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
MrBoof

Problem with virtual cable and Voicemeeter Banana

Post by MrBoof »

So i have issues i would like to hear if anyone can answer.

I know you need to set the Hertz to the same for all audio units.
I have done this. Have set it to 16bit, 44.100 hertz.

At first I thought it was the Virtual Audio cable, but then i realize playing it through the speakers that it is working fine (although sound quality sounds a bit low).

The problem is when i select the virtual audio cable VB-Audio Virtual Cable as an input device in Voicemeeter Banana.
No matter what settings i set in Voicemeeter banana it sounds horrible distorted.
I even tried setting the settings for "buffering" for the A1-A3 devices and it helps a bit to increase it...but it gets horrible bad if i lower it.

Standard settings unchanged in Voicemeeter Banana gives bad sound. What should i select here to have crisp clear sound from the Cable Output?

My plan is to have the VB-cable carry possibly my game sound, to both my headset and my HDMI-output for streaming.
I do that with VBAN but the quality is really horrible because of this sound problem i have.

I play say music with VLC to VB-cable as output device.
If i set it to listen to my Asus Xonar speakers it sounds OK.
If i open Voicemeeter Banana, and select VB-cable input and route it to, in this case A3, then it sounds horrible, even if the input sound from the VB-cable I know is ok.
If i set the WDM to 2048 samples in VoiceMeeter Banana settings, it becomes a tiny bit better,but is still terrible to listen to.

Hope someone can help me solve this puzzle.

Playing back through VAIO and AUX is not a problem and does not distort sound.

Best reg.

Mr. Boof
http://www.twitch.tv/druidpov
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Problem with virtual cable and Voicemeeter Banana

Post by Vincent Burel »

MrBoof wrote:I know you need to set the Hertz to the same for all audio units.
I have done this. Have set it to 16bit, 44.100 hertz.
This is working better in this way (better quality), but it is not necessary (i mean it should work with any samplerate difference on any audio point).

Well, your problem seems to be more located on the VB-CABLE, sounds like you modified the internal latency buffer...
When playing, could you run the VBCABLE_ControlPanel application (located in original VBCABLE ZIP package)
and post a screenshot?
MrBoof

Post by MrBoof »

Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

seems to be ok.
you should get a correct sound on VB-CABLE output (hardware input #1).
maybe you can try to select another interface for the VB-CABLE output (KS or MME - instead of WDM) .
MrBoof

Post by MrBoof »

Ok...
after some trials i have got it working..but there are some "rules".

First of all i found that i had AMD HDMI set as main device for hardware out. A1. This was what was causing the MAIN problems with distortion.
Whatever i selected, i got distortion.

So i set my main speakers Asus Xonar DX AUDIO to be A1...and VOILA....no distortion. But only if i set it to "KS"
With MME and WDM there were distortions.

I found that using WDM input from VB-cable gave the best quality.

Also I found that I had to set to "STEREO REPEAT" instead of normal to have decent quality sound on the "MASTERS SECTION" for the Hardware1 input.

So the final settings i am happy with is.

Hardware1 input: Cable Output - [WDM] -> [A1]
A1 set to ASUS XONAR DX Audio - [KS]
Master section: A1 -> STEREO REPEAT

A2 OUT= ELGATO AMD HDMI - (still need to test which WDMI/MME/KS gives best quality towards the streaming machine)

A3 OUT = My Sennheiser Headset.

I will test around with better Hz since 44100 is a bit low.

Strange to hear you say i can have different ones, when all guides emphasize on Youtube they have to be equal across the board, but i will test. :D

Thank you so much for your help!

MrBoof - Soon to be game streamer!