Problems with VB-Cable Installation

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
PsyberMind

Problems with VB-Cable Installation

Post by PsyberMind »

So, I have a mission critical application for my LIve Streaming. I *Have* to be able to mute out Mumble Comms from my stream for Eve Online for OpSec reasons..

Did some research, found that VoiceMeeter/VB Cable would take care of this nicely for me. FANTASTIC

Downloaded VB-Cable, and the Latest VoiceMeeter

Unzipped Cable into folder, on my desktop, ran the x64 Installer in Administrator Mode. It sits for literally what seems 30 minutes (But it's probably more like 5) and then gives me an "unknown error." BUT In the audio devices in my device manager, I see a brand new Device Driver. So I assume it's a false reading, and reboot..

Once I've rebooted, I check the device manager, and now the same device is in error (Yellow Triangle) - So, I re-run the installer, uninstall, reboot.. back to installer, it prompts me to uninstall again? So, I uninstall again, reboot, re-run the installer, and.. Now it's ready to install.. I go to install and..the process repeats itself all over again (unknown error) The drivers simply will NOT install for me..

Windows 10, with an Integrated RealTek HDAudio

I'm not sure that I'm missing a step here or what?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Problems with VB-Cable Installation

Post by Vincent Burel »

you may uninstall it completely and re-install it by following strictly these steps:

1-Download zip on your local disk (C: system disk).
2-Extract all files in one folder (e.g. temporary folder on C: System Disk)
3-Run Setup program in administrator mode (right click on exe to see the “run as administrator”)
4-Follow instruction : REBOOT after installation
PsyberMind

Post by PsyberMind »

That's the problem.. I DID that.. But I still run into the issue with the Unknown Error when I attempt to reinstall after rebooting..
PsyberMind

Post by PsyberMind »

OK, Here's what I've done so far...

[*]Uninstall VoiceMeeter (Banana) Reboot
[*]Uninstall VB-Cable Reboot
[*]Install VB-Cable - Unknown Error 536870330 (0xE0000246) (I did right click and run as administrator) - Driver shows in Device Manager, Reboot
[*]Run Installer for VB-Cable - Prompts to install again (Not uninstall) - Exit Program
[*]Verify complete uninstallation using RegEdit, IOBit Uninstaller, and verifying that devices are removed from the Device Manager (with Remove software option checked)
[*]Reboot
[*]Install VB-Cable - Unknown Error 536870330 (0xE0000246) (I did right click and run as administrator) - Driver shows in Device Manager, Reboot
[*]Run Installer for VB-Cable - Prompts to install again (Not uninstall) - Exit Program
[*]Verify complete uninstallation using RegEdit, IOBit Uninstaller, and verifying that devices are removed from the Device Manager (with Remove software option checked)
[*]Move software folders off of desktop to a folder on C: Drive
[*]Access Device Manager, Drivers show up as incomplete (Yellow Marked) - Attempt to manually update drivers "Windows found the drivers for this device but was unable to update

See the problem I'm running into here?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

Well, this could be due to bad Windows Update or bad Windows installation,
you may do a check disk or windows system check ...

Also it seems Windows keeps in mind that a driver is not working (badly installed) for several days...
and re-installing it does nothing...

So i recommend to unsintall it completly (like you did) and forget it for some days/weeks
install Voicemeeter Banana, providing 2 virtual audio cable (usually enough for 95% use cases).