Hifi Cable Question

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
Gwydion

Hifi Cable Question

Post by Gwydion »

Good afternoon. I have a specific question with regard to the hifi audio cables and ASIO bridge. I will say for the record that I am an audio neophyte and have learned what I know through trial and error and watching youtube videos!

My question is around my current setup using voicemeeter banana. Specifically, I play and stream d&d games over the internet using twitch and OBS. I use voicemeeter banana to handle all my sound input/output. I feel like I finally have a pretty good handle on the basic use of VMB. There are certain sounds (moods, sound effects) that I play for my players who are playing with me over the internet. We use discord for our voices, but I am outputting sound effects to them through cleanfeed (http://www.cleanfeed.net). It is awesome as it works directly from your browser (chrome only right now) and the quality seems very good. (And it is free!).

So, currently I have everything set up to send all my sounds (and I use one VAC, Voicemeeter input and Voicemeeter Aux input to each handle separate sounds like Syrinscape, Ableton Live lite and my desktop) through Voicemeeter output (B1). Its working well but I though of one other wrinkle. If I use the ASIO bridge and set it to Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO, then as I understand it, everything I am sending to B1 now will go through the ASIO bridge. So, I can then send the ouput from the hifi cable ouput into cleanfeed and my players can connect directly to cleanfeed. My question is, am I gaining anything from adding the ASIO bridge and sending my output to cleanfeed using the hifi cable output? Or am I just overcomplicating things and not adding any quality. Currently I am just sending the output of B1 to cleanfeed without using the ASIO bridge.

Anyway, thanks for indulging a novice. I've certainly learned a ton reading all the VMB manauls and watching a ton of videos. Loving the programs and my players love the sounds! Thanks again for any assistance.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Hifi Cable Question

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, it's over-complicated to use ASIO bridge to send audio from Voicemeeter to an application getting audio from HIFI Cable...
when it can get audio directly from Voicemeeter virtual output (B1) or Voicemeeter AUX output (B2).
Gwydion

Re: Hifi Cable Question

Post by Gwydion »

Thanks, Vincent!