VB Cable Picks up voice and then cuts off

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
Souljerr

VB Cable Picks up voice and then cuts off

Post by Souljerr »

Hello,

I'm experiencing a bit of an issue with VB Cable that I'm not exactly sure how to deal with.

I've installed VoiceMeeter and I've installed the VB-Cable drivers and restarted the computer.
I've set up everything accordingly and the system will pick up my voice but within 2 minutes the system will stop picking my voice up.

The only way that I've been able to fix it is to either restart VoiceMeeter OR Audition CC (Based on which software I choose to use).
After restarting the program, the microphone will pick my voice up again and will stop picking my voice up within 2 minutes, again.

I've attempted to use Audition CC.
I've attempted to use VoiceMeeter.
I've Attempted to uninstall the drivers, restart, reinstall the drivers, and restart.
I've tried reformatting my computer and starting with a completely fresh installation and have been getting the same exact problem.

I am using Windows 10 64-bit and a Blue Yeti Microphone.
I don't have this issue when I use the Yeti or my Hyper X headset. It only happens when I use the VB-Cable Input.

Thank you in advance for any guidance that you are able to provide me with.

Kind Regards,
Souljerr
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: VB Cable Picks up voice and then cuts off

Post by Vincent Burel »

strange, check windows option
- audio device option .
- communications options (in windows audio device dialog box).
- all power options...

if you have changed parameters in VBCABLE_ControlPanel set it back to default.
Souljerr

Post by Souljerr »

I've checked the Audio Device Option and the Communication Options with no luck

I tried uninstalling 64 bit version and attempted to launch the 32 bit version but it doesn't even load.
I didn't change any of the parameters in the ControlPanel.

I just checked the Power Options and set it to High Performance and I had no luck.
I'm not sure what else to do.

Are these drivers compatible with Windows 10 64 bit?

Kind Regards
Gwydion

Post by Gwydion »

You've probably seen the same things I have online, but two issues I've seen about the Blue Yeti mic (and I have used my Blue Yeti now for close to a year with no issue using Windows 10 64-bit) are as follows:

1 - Make sure you are using a usb 2.0 port. I read about some issues with using a usb 3.0 port.
2 - I have seen some issues reported with the usb cable that comes with your Blue Yeti mic. Perhaps try and new cord that you know works well?

Hope that helps.
Souljerr

Post by Souljerr »

That's interesting, Gwydion.

I'll give those suggestions a try.
As far as I can tell, the issue isn't with the Blue Yeti but with my computer's cooperation with VB-Cables.

Although, it is quite possible that there could be an issue with the blue yeti perhaps disconnecting or reconnecting and messing up VB-Cable.
I will try using a USB 2.0 port and I will try a different USB Cable and will report back.

Kind Regards,
Souljerr