Voicemeeter Banana not Recognising VB Audio Virtual Cable

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
XolfRiggler

Post by XolfRiggler »

I am trying to use Virtual cable to keep my discord and other desktop sounds separate to game audio when i am recording with OBS

I believe the "CABLE Output(VB-Audio Virtual Cable)" should come up in the "Select Input Device" under "Hardware Input" but it is not there

could anyone please help me

Thankyou very much

i think it should look like the 1st image, but mine looks like the 2nd image

Gwydion

Re: Voicemeeter Banana not Recognising VB Audio Virtual Cable

Post by Gwydion »

So, do you see your virtual cable if you open your windows recording devices? Do you see it there on your machine, but you just don't see it as an option when you open voicemeeter? Just starting with the simple things to make sure you have it properly installed on your machine. The reason I asked is the second picture you posted that shows your virtual cable control panel is not the virutal audio cable, but rather the Voicemeeter VAIO virutal output.

Make sure you have downloaded and installed at least the one donationware virtual audio cable from here:

https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

this is normal!

You are showing the VBCABLEControlPanel of the Voicemeeter VAIO,
it means the virtual cable used as virtual input and BUS B1 by Voicemeeter

Voicemeeter won't propose you to connect to this Virtual Audio I/O to avoid loop back.
XolfRiggler

Post by XolfRiggler »

ok sorry i dont understand, how do i use vb to split my game audio from my desktop audio?

all online guides that i have found say to use vb audio virtual cable as a hardware input

is there something that i am missing?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

in this configuration you are getting all PC Sound on Voicemeeter Virtual Input.
then you can configure your game to playback audio in the Voicemeeter AUX input to get it in Voicemeeter Virtual AUX Strip...
then you can send both virtual sources (PC-Sound & Game sound ) on different BUS (outputs).
Gwydion

Post by Gwydion »

Ok. I know it is very confusing to begin with. There are tons of videos out there to show you, but let me recommend a few. I created a basic video on youtube to explain what Voicemeeter banana does and the basics of how it works. You can find that here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CNwXseIngA

Also, Rob2e, a friend of mine, created a series of videos on how to setup up Voicemeeter Banana to use with discord to stream using OBS. Now the video series is specific to the virtual tabletop Fantasy Grounds, but the concepts are the same for what you are trying to do. You can find the first of four videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U3TRoS ... QjgqcNJh1p

Back to the beginning, though. It looks to me like you have installed voicemeeter banana, the program, but no virtual audio cables. Voicemeeter Banana comes with two vritual inputs and two virtual outputs. You'll see them in your screenshots below. Your outputs show up as Voicemeeter Aux Output and Voicemeeter output for example. However, those are built into the program and are not "virtual audio cables". You can download a virtual audio cable, which I would recommend you do first, before watching the videos, from this link:

https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm

Once you download and install it you will see a new virtual audio cable show up in your recording and playback devices section of windows and you will also see it show up in your dropdowns within Voicemeeter Banana. Then you will be able to uses the vritual audio cable as a hardware input.

Hope that helps. Feel free to join my discord channel if I can be helpful in getting you set up. Here is a link:

https://discord.gg/ZbjZnh8
XolfRiggler

Post by XolfRiggler »

I'll give that a go

thank you so much for both of your help

ill try that tomorrow/over the weekend and let you know how i go
XolfRiggler

Post by XolfRiggler »

i thought what i had open in my very first screen shot was virtual cable

now realising that program is not the same one , it makes sense that it wouldnt apear in voicemeeter

as i said above i will try this over the next few days and let you know how i go
Gwydion

Post by Gwydion »

Excellent. Keep us posted. Happy to chat through discord as well in the event you want to chat in more real-time this weekend. Not sure your timezone. I am in Denver, Co which is UTC -6 right now....
Gwydion

Post by Gwydion »

Just checking in... Were you able to get things sorted over the weekend? Let us know.