[problem] Windows 10 64bit, build 1803

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
flaga_m

[problem] Windows 10 64bit, build 1803

Post by flaga_m »

Hello.

I am asking for help because I am fighting against the system so that the virtual cable driver will normally work for me. I have two devices on which Windows 10 1803 build 17134.48 is installed and it stopped working properly on Surface. I've reinstalled the drivers, but I have the impression that some incorrect instructions have been generated somewhere in the system that did not get removed correctly after uninstalling the driver. There was also a restart of the system after the uninstallation, as the author of this driver advises.

On the Surface device, I have a problem that the virtual cable does not receive sound from the microphone and does not transmit it to its virtual microphone. screen with a configuration that should continue to work on Surface and stop. On a Lenovo laptop, everything works normally, even after updating the system to the latest build version.
Attachments
Odtwarzanie.png
Odtwarzanie.png (29.08 KiB) Viewed 22052 times
Nagrywanie.png
Nagrywanie.png (12.05 KiB) Viewed 22052 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: [problem] Windows 10 64bit, build 1803

Post by Vincent Burel »

you maybe have to check different audio options in Windows...

"With WIN10 April 2018 Update comes new Windows options related to Microphones or any recording device:
Go to your Privacy Settings for Microphone (and camera) and switch the main switch to "on" if it is set to "off"

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=442
cinnkid

Post by cinnkid »

Hi, I have the same issues following the Windows update. Previous Win Updates have removed the input settings in my DJ software "RadioDJ", all I had to do was find the ones that worked, matching with Win Sound Setting, and I was ok. The recent update that worked to allow me to dj as normal until I started having serious issues with static all over the music stream, a reset of Voicemeeter Banana cleared it up but the problem persists, further it is locking up my system forcing a reboot to regain control.

I DO NOT FEEL YOUR Answer is adequate regarding a fix, specifically uninstall in reverse order the VM Banana and then the VB Cable then VB cable A & B. I followed those instructions with a reboot between each step. The result was I have sound back but I still show VB inputs in the Sound "Playback" & "Record". So I went to Device Manager and there sat multiple VB device or drivers, I uninstalled from Device Driver, still NO Joy the tables in both Windows Sound "Playback & Record" show multiple inputs. WORSE registry shows 263 entries for Voicemeeter Banana and another 387 entries for VB-Audio.

WE NEED A VIDEO with ABC how-to instructions to COMPLETELY uninstall Voicemeeter Banana, VB Audio cable, VB Audio Cable A + B, not just the files but all essential registry settings, so we can do a clean re-install. The video should also cover what to do if VB items remain in Win Sound tables for "Playback & Record" and if VB is still in Device Manager Audio input/outputs.

It truly would be nice if the VB uninstall actually did a COMPLETE uninstall without leaving behind registry or the sound table "playback & record" traces.

NOTE I am afraid to reinstall forcing even more VB Entries in the "sound - playback/record" tables. NOTE some programs limit the number of entries that can be viewed and are not scrollable. Thus it is critical to eliminate any ghost/traces of VB.

I love the products they allow me to DJ using software other than expensive SAM, I make no money is strictly a hobby and for fun. Many others doing the same thing simply use cracked versions of Sam to avoid the high cost. I prefer not, I can barely afford my internet, your software is vital. Thank you so much

Image of ghost vb & shows programs cleared device manager clear https://goo.gl/7RVGqh
cinnkid

Post by cinnkid »

Please need help soon I have DJ set for Sunday... specifically How to remove the ghost VB input/output in Win Sound "playback/record".
(Click image below to see full size)
(red arrows show ghost VB inputs/outputs, notice in programs no VB apps installed, nor is there in device manager)

I just discovered that all the files are not removed looks like the drivers still on and probably the reason for ghosts

https://goo.gl/7A94cP

Apparently, a glitch during the uninstall process, looks like the only thing removed was the listing in Programs not the files or drivers for virtual cables.
Can I simply delete the files to try and clean-up to solve the ghost so I can do fresh install of cables and voicemeeter banana?

Do you have uninstall tool that will clean all the files & registry for vb audio cables and another for voicemeeter banana so I know I have clean system and can fresh install latest vb cables and banana?
Last edited by cinnkid on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

in this case the best way i sto de-install audio driver by the windows procedure (audio controller first)
reboot , audio I/O if any REBOOT. check there is not VB-CABLE anymore in the device manager.

similar problem with solution:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=381
cinnkid

Post by cinnkid »

Thank you Vincent the Device Manager in Sound still had the VB audio items I uninstalled that removed the ghost vb audio from Win Sound "playback / record" . thank you.

Now how about the remaining files should I individually manually delete?
https://goo.gl/7A94cP

Also what do I do about the hundreds of vb audio registry items?

I would like to have them cleaned up so I can do clean install of VB cables and voicemeeter banana
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

no, you don't have to edit regitry,
Windows can keep regisry item for different reasons...
Only the driver presence on Device Manager is significant .