How to record Skype audio with Logitech USB headset?

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
dnuttall

How to record Skype audio with Logitech USB headset?

Post by dnuttall »

On a Windows 10/64 desktop with NO camera, I have Realtek drivers that allow me to record whatever is played on the speakers (using Audacity and Stereo mixer).

To record the Logitech USB headset that I use for Skype only, it seems like the VB-Cable(s) may be a path (or solution), but it's not clear what to do and whether some program other than Audacity should be used to record.

I was in the tech world professionally, but have been retired since 2004 and candidly I'm VERY far behind on how stuff has advanced in that past 14+ years!

Posted or PM suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
TIA.
Dave
San Antonio, TX
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: How to record Skype audio with Logitech USB headset?

Post by Vincent Burel »

don't worry, audio principles remains the same.
you may read the Voicemeeter user manual until the use case #1
https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/Vo ... Manual.pdf

But the simplest way to a Skype conference is to Voicemeeter Banana with its integrated recorder.
dnuttall

Post by dnuttall »

I installed VoiceMeeter Banana and configured Hardware Input 1 to be the Microphone on the Logitech headset.

If I begin recording and run the Skype "test call", both sides are recorded (Incoming from skype and my local voice), but I CANNOT HEAR the incoming from Skype in real-time.

Skype audio settings seem to default to VoiceMeeter VAIO, so it seems like that needs to pass to my headset, but HOW to route that is not clear.

Or perhaps something else?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

1- Skype must be routed to Voicemeeter virtual input (or physical input thanks to VB-CABLE)
2- the input strip must be activated for your monitoring BUS (usually A1) .