Bridging CUBASE to ZOOM online meeting

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
MEFlyingV

Bridging CUBASE to ZOOM online meeting

Post by MEFlyingV »

Hello, I am new to the forum as I discovered VB-Audio while trying to bridge from Cubase to a ZOOM online meeting.

A bunch of us are Cubase Users and members of the users group CLUB CUBASE. Normally we meet in certain cities, but some people live too far away. While there is a Google hangout Club Cubase each month, a few of us wanted to do something that is more interactive. It seems like ZOOM is the perfect tool. We tested initially by streaming Windows Media Player to Zoom, and it sounded great. The audio is high quality and maintains stereo separation.

But we can't get Cubase to stream to Zoom. I got Voxengo Recorder (only available as 32 bit) to work with JBridge to convert from 32 bit to 64 bit, but the audio was horrible. So I found "HI-Fi Cable and ASIO Bridge" and it sounded like the perfect answer. I downloaded and installed it, but apparently I am just plain not grasping how to properly set it up.

Can someone please confirm that it should work, and how to properly set it up?

Here are the specs for my PC.

Windows 7 desktop (I also can use a Windows 7 laptop that has better specs )
Cubase Pro 9,64 bit
Steinberg UR-824 interface
and we want to stream to https://www.zoom.us/

Thanks in advance. And if anyone here is a Cubase user, or just wants to learn about Cubase, let me know.

LLR&R

M.E.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Bridging CUBASE to ZOOM online meeting

Post by Vincent Burel »

no, you may use Voicemeeter or Voicemeeter Banana (virtual audio mixer).
because they offers virtual audio driver to let you connect DAW appliacation and mix/send them with other device to other device or application

download & user manual on www.voicemeeter.com
MEFlyingV

Post by MEFlyingV »

Hello Vincent. Thank you so much for the prompt reply. I shall give it a try!
MEFlyingV

Post by MEFlyingV »

Hello. I have been getting the hang of VoiceMeeter. I like it very much and have had some success with it, but not 100%. Here is what I have run into.

1) Using Case # 2 in the manual that actually shows Cubase going to Skype, I successfully got Cubase to bus over to Skype as the host (ie: showing my screen). I have the VoiceMeeter virtual output going to the Skype microphone input.

The problem is that I am using a hard panned stereo mix of two tracks (hard left, click hard right) in Cubase, but I am only hearing the left side when listening on the recipient PC.

If I set the VoiceMeeter Virtual Out to MONO on the host PC, I hear both tracks on the recipient PC but as a mono mix. There is no stereo separation.

It would not surprise me if the Skye Microphone input a mono input. Is that the case? If so, then I imagine it is not possible to bus a stereo mix to Skype.

2) For Zoom, I am doing the same thing. Sending the VoiceMeeter virtual output to the Zoom microphone input. But in this case, I am hearing nothing at all on the recipient PC. The Zoom microphone window does have a level meter, and it is showing activity when I am playing Cubase. So the Zoom microphone does seem to be receiving the Cubase bus. It just is not sending it through to the attendee/recipient.

Have you any ideas as to why this might be?

Thanks,

Mark
MEFlyingV

Post by MEFlyingV »

Assuming that Skype and Zoom microphones both expect MONO inputs, allow me to float another idea.

Zoom and Skype automatically pick up WDM music. EXAMPLE: Windows Media Player. If I play a hard panned MP3 in Windows Media Player, it comes through perfectly in both Skype and Zoom.

So another answer would be to send BUS B to a software that itself used WDM and this way Skype and Zoom will simply grab it.

Do you know of any WDM software that can accept BUS B and output it?

Thanks,

Mark
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, Skype is mono (as far as i know) like all other main VOIP app i guess...

Voicemeeter is expected to be set as your default playback device to get audio from your PC and all Windows apps...
Skype output can be routed to any voicemeeter virtual input or VB-Cable input, While skype input can capture audio from any recording device , it means from Voicemeeter virtual output or VB-CABLE output.

Any application can accept BUS B as recording device in fact...

user manual step by step: https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/Vo ... Manual.pdf