How to use ASIO Bridge?

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
PresidentJade

How to use ASIO Bridge?

Post by PresidentJade »

Hi Vincent!

First of all, thank you for all your awesome work and great products.

I don't mean to bother you, but I'm a little confused about the proper use of the HiFi Virtual Cable with Asio Bridge.

I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. When I set this in Voicemeeter Banana as the main Hardware Out (A1) using ASIO: Focusrite USB Audio I get terrible static, pops and clicks. I think you mentioned previously that this is because Focusrite is known for making bad ASIO drivers. Even when I increase the buffer to 1024 it does not resolve the issue.

I, therefore, set the main Hardware Out (A1) as WDM: Focusrite USB and generally it would work okay with a buffer as low as 256. But sometimes there would be static noise. So, I increased the buffer to 768 and this seems to work good, although I do have to restart the audio engine in VMB every once and a while as there will be static noise. I must say that I am a little surprised that I have to set the buffer so high considering I do have a pretty powerful high-performance PC. But, as I've seen you mention here and there, different set-ups require different configurations. I don't know if it<s important, but I'm also using Virtual Audio Cables A & B along with the standard VAC that comes with VMB. Maybe the more virtual audio cables that are used the more the buffer needs to be increased? Sorry, I'm not an expert with these kinds of things, LOL!

Now, I came across the HiFi Virtual Cable with Asio Bridge and I installed that as well. My main question, or point of confusion, is how to use Asio Bridge and what is the purpose exactly? In other words, would ASIO Bridge allow me to use the ASIO: Focusrite USB Audio as the main Hardware OUt (A1) in VMB so that I could set the buffer lower than 768?

I tried looking for documentation and YouTube videos but I'm not finding much about ASIO Bridge to help answer my questions.

Again, sorry to be a bother, but any help would be much appreciated :)
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: How to use ASIO Bridge?

Post by Vincent Burel »

if focusrite does not work well with Voicemeeter , it won't work better with ASIO bridge and it won't help you to make it work with Voicemeeter (ASIO bridge is just a link between windows audio interface and ASIO interface - which is also implemented in Voicemeeter).

Normally Voicemeeter can work well with Focusrite, but you may find the right configuration and avoid audio device conflict.

the first thing to do is to keep default settings and connect your Focusrite ASIO driver to Voicemeeter output A1... set Voicemeeter Virtual Input as your default playback device and perform a primary test at this step, with a PC Sound coming into Voicemeeter and playback to your focusrite. When the problem appear, post screenshot of your voicemeeter and its system settings dialog box.
mipsou

Re: How to use ASIO Bridge?

Post by mipsou »

For using ASIO, I invite you to follow the tip:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=506

An arbitrary way, try the buffer size just above the usual sizes.

I use size 576 instead of 512.

Have a fun