Crackling sound. Reboot fixes.

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
vladesch

Crackling sound. Reboot fixes.

Post by vladesch »

As the title says, I get this occasional crackle or pop coming out of cable-output.
I am running a mic into reaper for some speech processing, then running it through vbcable.
If I listen to the output of reaper by setting its output to the headphones, it sounds perfect.
If it goes through vb-cable and then I record myself with either obs or listen to a message on whatsapp, there are these crackle and pops in it.
I've checked that the input and output bitrate match. (they do. both 1 channel 16 bit 44.1khz)
I've set the output of reaper down low to make sure I'm not overdriving vbcable. (and it didnt help)
I've set the latency to the longest and tried several other values in vbcable_control_panel but that doesnt help.

If I reboot the computer, it will work fine for a day or so.

It sounds a bit like vbcable isn't getting enough cpu, but given that I'm running an i7-5820 with nothing else running and procexp saying im only using a couple of percent cpu, that seems unlikely.

any ideas?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Crackling sound. Reboot fixes.

Post by Vincent Burel »

you may open the VBCABLE_Controlpanel (in administrator mode) and increase the internal latency to max (7168 samples)...
this is the only point that can explain stream discontinuity on VB-CABLE side...