5.1 via optical

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
alex4vba

5.1 via optical

Post by alex4vba »

hey,

Ive been trying to get 5.1 working for several hours now and read all posts who had issues with that but its just not working.

First if I shutdown VB Banana, set SPDIF Out (SB Audigy 5/RX), fire up a DTS Video on VLC my Receiver instantly detects the DTS Signal switches to DTS mode and everything works just fine.

I start up VB Banana and fire up the same Video I can see the 5 bars going up and down but I only receive the first 2 channel. I also set up the b2 device to 5.1 channel and test it, I can also observe all bars getting a signal but only the first 2 are getting passed through to the Receiver! When I open the Virtual IO Control Panel it says Input 6 ch but output only 2 ch.

Any ideas what could be wrong here?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: 5.1 via optical

Post by Vincent Burel »

for the moment our virtual VAIO's Windows Recording Audio interface is limited to 2 channels by the system (the 8 channels are available only on Wnidows XP ... no-one knows why).

So the todays solution, if you want to capture 8 channels on Voicemeeter virtual output, you may use an ASIO application and connect it to Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO interface.

Or you may send 5.1 audio directly to your SP-DIF device (maybe using MME interface if WDM does not work)