VB - Cable Installation Problem

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
Arcade

VB - Cable Installation Problem

Post by Arcade »

Hello! I have a problem for when i try installing the VB - Cable. When ever i try to run as Administrator, I get an error saying "Missing 'inf' file or Driver package corrupted..."
I don't know what either means but i made sure my windows is up to date, checked all my audio drivers and they all don't have any yellow triangles and I'm not sure what the issue is. Voice Meeter is installed correctly and fine so idk how to fix this issue. Maybe it's cause I created a shortcut to the exe file so i can run as an Admin but I don't think that's an issue because if I didn't do that I wouldn't be able to run it as an Admin directly from the unzipped folder. I would love to get this to work so any help would be very appreciated.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: VB - Cable Installation Problem

Post by Vincent Burel »

to install the VB-CABLE you may follow strictly the steps:

1-Download zip on your local disk (C: system disk).
2-Extract all files in one folder (e.g. temporary folder on C: System Disk "C:\temp")
3-From this local temporary folder: Run Setup program in administrator mode (right click on exe to see the “run as administrator”)
4-Follow instruction : REBOOT after installation
Arcade

Re: VB - Cable Installation Problem

Post by Arcade »

Thank you so much! I think the issue was that I extracted using winrar and it would not give me the prompt to run as an administrator. When you said extract it to a temporary folder I was able to run the exe as an admin. Thank you again.