Audition Not Recognizing VAC Fader Gain

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
thebrainbusters

Audition Not Recognizing VAC Fader Gain

Post by thebrainbusters »

When I record in multitrack in Adobe Audition and set a track to the VAC’a ASIO channel, the fader gain under VAC (Input 2 on Voicemeeter for me) does not register in my recording. Am I missing something? I can provided screenshots if necessary.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Audition Not Recognizing VAC Fader Gain

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, to show your audio path and what volume control are you using. (windows gain is not implmented in our VB-CABLE for example).
thebrainbusters

Below are some pics of my Audition/Voicemeeter setup. I am running ASIO engine in Audition so I can run mics, Discord, etc. on separate channels.

Voicemeeter Input is my default which is circled on track 1. Track 2 is set to my VAC, but when I adjust the VAC in Voicemeeter, it does nothing to volume during the recording. Do I need to route that through Asio or something?

thebrainbusters

Vincent Burel wrote:yes, to show your audio path and what volume control are you using. (windows gain is not implmented in our VB-CABLE for example).
Below are some pics of my Audition/Voicemeeter setup. I am running ASIO engine in Audition so I can run mics, Discord, etc. on separate channels.

Voicemeeter Input is my default which is circled on track 1. Track 2 is set to my VAC, but when I adjust the VAC in Voicemeeter, it does nothing to volume during the recording. Do I need to route that through Asio or something?

Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

seems to use the default stereo input on a track is not a good idea... bceause this can cause audio device conflict.

if you are already connected to Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO, it means you can record the output BUS B1 (up to 8 channels).
also the COMPOSITE MODE could allow you to define this 8 channels with any pre-fader input of Voicemeeter.

see user manual use case #3 : https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/Vo ... Manual.pdf
thebrainbusters

Ok, if I stop recording the default stereo input on that one track and do all single inputs, will it stop conflicting and allow me to adjust fader gain? You mentioned that it was "pre-fader," does that mean that there is no fader control when using the Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO in a DAW?

To further explain my practical application, this is my main need:

- Record my mic
- Record skype friends through VB Cable
- Play computer audio that I can adjust fader gain on so I can raise and lower volume live as we record