Help with Macro Buttons SendMidi to nanoKontrol2

How to use Voicemeeter Remote API and control Voicemeeter Audio Engine
gamer1pc

Help with Macro Buttons SendMidi to nanoKontrol2

Post by gamer1pc »

I want Macro Buttons to turn on the LED button on the nanoKontrol2 in the initial state, that way the LED and Strip A1 are synced when starting the computer. When I press the button it works to turn it on and off, I just need the LED to sync at the initial state.

I have the following set but it doesn't work and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong

I've also tried this

Code: Select all

System.SendMidi("out1", "data", 1, 65, 1)
But it doesn't work; am I putting the wrong commands or have the wrong settings? I would really appreciate the help.
I also wrote the title that way incase we find a solution and when someone searches it they can find it here, since I searched around already but I found no solution.

Thank you
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Help with Macro Buttons SendMidi to nanoKontrol2

Post by Vincent Burel »

the learn shows that you receive CTRL+CHANGE message, not a note-on message.

so you may try this one syntax:
System.SendMidi("out1", "ctrl-change", channel, ctrl, value);

SWITCH ON the LED
System.SendMidi("out1", "ctrl-change", 1, 64, 1); //instead of '1', you may try '64' as value.

SWITCH OFF the LED
System.SendMidi("out1", "ctrl-change", 1, 64, 0);

REMINDER: check your MIDI out 1 is well configured to your Kord device.
gamer1pc

Post by gamer1pc »

I have tried what you suggested, I did with ctrl '64' first then tried it with ctrl '65' as I thought it may perhaps may have been a typo. I also tried both values '1' and '64', but it still didn't work.

I have these settings saved onto the nanoKontrol2, don't know if it would bring up some info I could probably change on either Korg Kontrol Editor or Macro Buttons.

I also have this option on the LED Mode, should it be Internal or External? I've tried external but then none of the buttons LEDs turn on when I press them.

Thank you once again for your time
gamer1pc

Post by gamer1pc »

I have also found this, don't know if it could help.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, it's 65, since your control change is 65

but did you check the MIDI ouput device selection in MacroButton System menu ?
gamer1pc

Post by gamer1pc »

Yes I had the MIDI output selected to the nanoKontrol2 as well, but I got it working by switching the LED Mode to External in Korg Kontrol Editor and making the value 127 in the Macro Buttons. Now when it starts the A1 and LED button are turned on but the Macro Button is in a OFF state, and I need to press the button twice to have the LED Sync with the Macro button ON and OFF state. Is there a setting I perhaps didn't turn on? Could I also maybe be missing an extra line of command that would make the Macro button start in an ON state?