Macro Buttons Application

How to use Voicemeeter Remote API and control Voicemeeter Audio Engine
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Macro Buttons Application

Post by Vincent Burel »

i see no problem here, tested with latest Voicemeeter version (including MacroButton 1.0.0.9)
could you write your instruction line here to let me see what could be wrong ?
JBDLink

Post by JBDLink »

Vincent Burel wrote:i see no problem here, tested with latest Voicemeeter version (including MacroButton 1.0.0.9)
could you write your instruction line here to let me see what could be wrong ?
My button instruction line reads like this: Command.Load= “C:\Users\JBDLink\Documents\VB\Music.xml”;

Where I can download the 1.0.0.9 version?

Thank you
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

Macro Button 1.0.0.9 is installed with current last Voicemeeter version
Voicemeeter Banana version is 2.0.3.0
REBOOT after de-installation / REBOOT after installation
metalmilitia623

Post by metalmilitia623 »

Not sure which version of the Macro buttons I have but it seems like when using the keyboard shortcut of alt+f# with my 60% keyboard which requires me to press the fn button to get to the f key layer makes it so the buttons set with alt+f# activate without needing to press the alt key.
metalmilitia623

Post by metalmilitia623 »

metalmilitia623 wrote:Not sure which version of the Macro buttons I have but it seems like when using the keyboard shortcut of alt+f# with my 60% keyboard which requires me to press the fn button to get to the f key layer makes it so the buttons set with alt+f# activate without needing to press the alt key.
This was resolved for a little while but then out of nowhere for seemingly no reason began to occur again. No idea if it's because of windows 10 updates and a reinstall would solve it or if it is something else with windows 10.

After a fresh install of windows and using the alt key with letters the same issue occurs where if I just press the letter I am not required to also press alt and the shortcut activates. Still not sure if it has to do with the 60% keyboard or if it is something else as I do not have another keyboard to test it on.
swlehr

Post by swlehr »

I am using Voicemeeter Banana 2.0.6.2 to control two headsets with microphones on my flight simulator. It works perfectly for this application. I would like to add a push-to-talk (PTT) function for the pilot, who only has a joystick button on the flight control. The macro button shortcuts currently allow Game Pad buttons to be assigned as shortcuts, but not joysticks. My flight sim was designed to operate with joysticks and not Game Pads. Is there a way to use a joystick button as a macro button shortcut in VB's current version, or is this something that would have to be added? BTW, I am using the keyboard as a PTT on the other headset, and that works fine.

SwL
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

MAcro Buttons provides now a kind of universal HID management that could help you to connect your joystick button i guess.
swlehr

Post by swlehr »

Vincent Burel wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:50 pm MAcro Buttons provides now a kind of universal HID management that could help you to connect your joystick button i guess.
I looked at that, but I could find no documentation on how to use the HID tool.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

1- select HID device and push your different button to find the right HID device.
2- once you find the HID device related to your controller, you can give it a name
3- use the LEARN function to detect the button you are using.
4- then you can also give a username for it
5- click on OK on all dialog box... check it works.
swlehr

Post by swlehr »

Success!
I searched through all the HID devices listed in pulldown, and naturally it was the last one on the list. Used the Learn box to detect the yoke push button. Pressed OK and now pressing the yoke PTT unmutes the pilot headset mike; releasing the button mutes it.
Thank you, Vincent.
SwL