Macro Buttons Application

How to use Voicemeeter Remote API and control Voicemeeter Audio Engine
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Macro Buttons Application

Post by Vincent Burel »

With the latest Voicemeeter Pakage 2.0.2.3 , MACRO Buttons application is now installed with Voicemeeter
and can be used to control Voicemeeter by buttons, for example to make PUSH TO TALK functions, or FX or even make a Sound Board.
VoicemeeterMacroButton.jpg
VoicemeeterMacroButton.jpg (52.88 KiB) Viewed 167174 times
Each button is programmable by using Voicemeeter Remote Requests (right click on the button to get the dialog box below)
VoicemeeterMacroButtonConfig.jpg
VoicemeeterMacroButtonConfig.jpg (58.64 KiB) Viewed 167174 times
it provides basically 3 possible script:
- Initial : to possibly fixe the initial control state (when the application is launched - Voicemeeter or MacroButtons).
- ON: the request(s) sent when pushing the button
- OFF: the request(s) sent when releasing the button

A keyboard key or mouse button can be associated to one or several button (possibly exclusively).
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Macro Buttons Application / PUSH TO TALK

Post by Vincent Burel »

With MacroButton Application it's now easy to make one or several PUSH TO TALK buttons
VoicemeeterRemotePTTMacroButton.jpg
VoicemeeterRemotePTTMacroButton.jpg (74.75 KiB) Viewed 167170 times
As Initial state, we want to set the strip as muted (mute=1).
when we push the button, we unmute by sending the appropriate request (mute=0) and we mute again on button release.

It is also possible to manage other strip by adding some requests, for example to set the music strip to -10db when talking and reset it to zero dB on button OFF...

Macro Button offers many possibilities to remote Voicemeeter...
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Macro Buttons To Launch Sounds

Post by Vincent Burel »

With the recorder's requests it is possible to use the Macro Button Application as Sound Board to remote the Banana Player to launch sounds (one sound at a time).
VoicemeeterMacroButtonToPlaySound.jpg
VoicemeeterMacroButtonToPlaySound.jpg (37.31 KiB) Viewed 167166 times
For example, this request below will ask to Voicemeeter Banana to playback
the Track 01.wav sound located in the H:\AudioSound directory.
recorder.load="H:\AudioSound\Track 01.wav";

If the option Play on Load is not set, you will have to add a request to play it
recorder.Play=1;

To Stop the Banana Player:
recorder.stop=1;

With Voicemeeter Version 2.0.2.3, it is also possible to set the gain (in dB) of the playback:
recorder.Gain=-10.0;
LoneStar

Re: Macro Buttons Application

Post by LoneStar »

I cannot get the Macro Buttons Application to load my profiles. When I click the button or use the hotkey, the button flashes but the profile is not loaded into VoiceMeeter. It's possible that I have misinterpreted the use of Macro Buttons or I've configured incorrectly. Can you tell what I need to change or can it be done? Below is a picture of one of the Button Configurations. Thanks
Attachments
File Directory
File Directory
VoicemeeterMacroButtons_4.jpg (42.79 KiB) Viewed 165812 times
Button Configuration
Button Configuration
VoicemeeterMacroButtons_3.jpg (68.67 KiB) Viewed 165812 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

ha, the problem comes from the comment at the end of your line : remove "//load config file".
this will be accepted in next version of Macro Buttons.
LoneStar

Post by LoneStar »

Vincent Burel wrote:ha, the problem comes from the comment at the end of your line : remove "//load config file".
this will be accepted in next version of Macro Buttons.
Thanks for the reply. Just for clarification. I removed "//load config file" from the end of the line. The line now reads Command.Load= “D:\Game Stuff\VoiceMeeter\VoiceMeeter Banana\VoiceMeeter Banana Profiles\1-OFFLINE-SPEAKERS ONLY-BoS-TS3-ShadowPlay.xml”; but still does not work. Did you mean that the "Command Load" request string will not work until the next update?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

LoneStar wrote: Thanks for the reply. Just for clarification. I removed "//load config file" from the end of the line. The line now reads Command.Load= “D:\Game Stuff\VoiceMeeter\VoiceMeeter Banana\VoiceMeeter Banana Profiles\1-OFFLINE-SPEAKERS ONLY-BoS-TS3-ShadowPlay.xml”; but still does not work. Did you mean that the "Command Load" request string will not work until the next update?
no, it should work, check that the file name and path is correct...
otherwise you can try the last MacroButton just posted today on last thread...
LoneStar

Post by LoneStar »

Path is correct. Downloaded and installed v1007 buttons and it now works :D . Thanks for the help. GREAT APPLICATION. A bit of a learning curve to setup. I do not use the full potential of this application but it gets the job done for me. :D
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

ok, good to know , thanks!
JBDLink

Post by JBDLink »

LoneStar wrote:I cannot get the Macro Buttons Application to load my profiles. When I click the button or use the hotkey, the button flashes but the profile is not loaded into VoiceMeeter. It's possible that I have misinterpreted the use of Macro Buttons or I've configured incorrectly. Can you tell what I need to change or can it be done? Below is a picture of one of the Button Configurations. Thanks
Hello!

I have the same problem: I have configured a macro button to load a profile into Voicemeeter Banana using Command.Load.

When I click the button, Voicemeeter Banana seems to reset the audio engine but didn't load the profile. When I load the profile manually it works perfect.

I have checked that the path is correct and updated Voicemeeter to last version and the Macro button aplication to VoicemeeterMacroButtons_v1007, but same problem persists.
I have removed "//load config file" from the code.
I have tried other macro button codes like Strip(0).mute=1; and works perfect.

I'm running Windows 10.

any idea how to fix this error loading profiles through Macro Buttons?

thanks in advance