Unable to use backslash

How to use Voicemeeter Remote API and control Voicemeeter Audio Engine
brickviking

Unable to use backslash

Post by brickviking »

I think MacroButtons is fantastic. I have noticed I can't use the Backslash key as an assigned key (\ or |) or other punctuation such as [ ; = - / (not on numpad) ' ` , . ], is there a solution for this?

Regards, BrickViking (a.k.a. DrSmokey)
(Post 11)
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Unable to use backslash

Post by Vincent Burel »

could you precise the context ? what do you want to write exactly ?
brickviking

Post by brickviking »

When I right-click on each button of MacroButtons, a Button Configuration window will turn up with a number of fields: Button Name, Button Sub Name, etc etc. One of these fields is Keyboard Shortcut. In the Keyboard Shortcut field, I want to be able to use non-alphanumeric keys, but the ones I mentioned in the first post don't show up in the list.

(Post 12)
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

ok, i understand and note it for a next version:
you would like to use keyboard shorcut with:
# { [ | ` \ ^ @ ] } / * - + , ; : ! $ <
brickviking

Post by brickviking »

That would be great. I was aiming primarily at all the remaining keys that don't require a shift-key to use on a standard-ish US keyboard (mainly punctuation). I don't know how it'll work with non-US layouts. I know it'll take a bit of work, but I'm sure it's been done before. Again, thank you for this.

I recommended Banana to another friend yesterday and he might take a look at it, especially if it does what he wants it to. My use-case was to separate FSX (flight simulator) sound out from voice chatting software, and occasionally add playing music to the outgoing voicechat stream without having FSX "pollute" VOIP. I'm sure this has been done multiple ways with multiple different software projects, but Banana's the most cohesive of all the simple programs I've seen. About the only thing I'm missing is a fully-resizable UI for Macros and Banana.

(Post 13)